Wheres the thread from Mail on Sunday?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Muttley, Oct 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where is it? If its been deleted owing to undue pressure etc or doesnt conform to Arrse rules then are we not entitled to at least an explanation.

Come on Porridge, spill the beans.
  2. And anymore photo's of her? I've made a mess on my Mail on Sunday cutting.
  3. I beleive their was a post by the powers that be informing us that a complaint had been lodged about some of the things said by the nasty men about that woman.

Behaviour within her or her supporters character. A disgrace to her Corps and not at all surprising.
  4. Bad CO wrote the note on the NAAFI thread here.
  5. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

We received a complaint from someone who knows her pointing out that she had actually been pretty much stitched up/misquoted by a combination of the media and inept MOD press people. It would also appear that the pictures were obtained in a less than scrupulous manner as well. I know that you will all gasp with horror to hear that our brave, noble and patriotic journo's would stoop so low as to do something like this ....

Anyway, to add insult to injury, everyone who had ever had a bad experience with a member of the opposite sex then piled into the thread giving her a further good slagging. Attempting to weed out 20 + pages of posts was going to take all day so we just made the decision to delete the lot.

Hope this clarifies things
  6. Sir,

I believe she went into it with her eyes open and she should know better. As for being misquoted/stitched up theres no smoke without fire.

Gobby VonShot sits down
  7. Who's spinning now?!
  8. My God FS......dissent in the ranks? Have you been on the gin again?
  9. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

We take all complaints seriously regardless of rank, sex or race. To date we've never had anyone (except BB) come back and say they are unhappy with the actions we have taken.

Biscuits, if you have a thread or threads in mind which you feel are inappropriate then let me know and I will take action.
  10. I've retracted that totally unfounded and spurious allegation Sir. Sorry.
  11. If there has been a stitch-up I do hope that there is some action taken against the MoS to make them print an apology. But I somehow doubt it will be - easier to let someone twist in the wind.
  12. Sir,

With due respect to your rank, I wish to point out that I did not comment on this Noble woman, despite several bad experiences with the opposite sex. Some of them quite recent.

I remain, Sir, your obedient servant,

13. Are there any journos (Express) watching who may be tempted to do a "MoS and MoD twist pilot's words" story? :twisted:
  14. I would like to confirm that there is no smoke without fire - it wasn't just "people jumping on the bandwagon" - I'm sure those who posted that flew/ worked under/ with Capt Cliff will stand by their remarks in this forum - I certainly do.
  15. Me too. There are some heartfelt words lurking somewhere in cyberspace which I certainly do not withdraw. I'll happily admit that she is unwitting though - it just isn't confined to her relationship with the tabloids.