Wheres the Music Corps Section?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by SamE, Oct 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I noticed that 'Boards by Arm/Service' that there's no Music Corps section, or is there?

2. Give me 50 B Minor melodic scales, in your own time GO!

3. Ok, can I be a total cnut here and say, as this is ARRSE ie, the ARMED forces blah blah blah, why would there be a music section?

Being none armed? basically civis who wear uniform for ceremonial tasks yet still get gongs depending where they play a tune, lot?

Sorry drunk and fed up, and never liked the fact a trumpet player got the same medal for going to NI and playing a tune to boost moral etc etc.

Ask me tomorrow when im more coherant.

4. I'm a drummer ;)

5. Got to agree with you there Gren.

Can't stand trumpet players either,

Showoff bastards.

Trombonists are quite nice though.

6. Only a civvy, but perhaps you'll allow me to remind you of the London park bombings of 20th July 1982. Musicians are a target too, because they are a military asset.

9. Fine, now go and put the kettle on.

NATO for me.

10. Isn't that the term used to describe a bloke who hangs around musicians? :wink:

11. Air or dry?

12. Lmao. I get that all the time. It's either REME VM(B) or Musician :p. Hard decision to be honest.

13. Sorry to ask this, but being an "old and bold" I'm not up to date with things.

Am I to understand, that the different regiments no longer have their own bands, but instead there is a Corps Of Military Music, that switches capbadges between gigs. That can't be right can it? Or have I misunderstood?

14. Or to put it another way ‘Music Walts’ :wink:

15. This lot are nails..!!Nails Band'