Wheres my MOJO?

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by TaffJ, Oct 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What happened to the group that was in BAOR called the MSO or I think their nickname was 'Mojos'.
    All they seemed to do on exercise was dixy bashing and stag and they all seemd to be Eastern European of some sort. Are they still going or have they been 'down-sized'?
    Just wondering.

2. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Probably all dead now.

3. The MSO who drove our bowser had been in the Waffen SS, he was Latvian, and was very clued up on the area around Vogelsang as he had fought there in WW2. And the fuel depot at Verden was almost totaly crewed by MSOs went to a wedding there once and got hammered on their home made vodka, they had a still in the fuel lab.

4. They were originally mostly former Polish soldiers, trapped on our side of the Iron Curtain at the end of WW2. The last one retired a few years ago with a bit of fanfare. 7 Regt RLC still keeps their memory alive by flying the Polish flag on occasion and their Unit badge being the Polish white eagle.

5. 8 Regt RCT had a big contingent of MSO In the sixties,
    Considering they were displaced soldiers of WW11 I'd agree with tytus and say they are probably all gone now.
    I will add that in 3 years that I was there they did work hard and never caused any bother.

6. I read somewhere that the last ex-Polish soldier in the MSO retired in 1986. The organisation itself was disbanded a few years later.

7. Thanks for that Pombsen, that Stanislav was a little bit nails wasn't he?