Wheres Gordon?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by The_Cad, May 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Like a Frenchman when there is a slight whiff of cordite in the air, has anyone else noticed that our future great leader is often missing whenever there is a scandal with his fingerprints on it?

I give you the following:

I could mention cash for questions, billions to the EU and so on but you get the general drift.

The man is a moral coward and unfit for office.

Thoughts anyone?
  2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

IMO there should automatically be a general election as soon as practicable when a PM stands down/is unable to continue for whatever reason.

No-one is really backing Brown as a PM, just the same as when Major was handed the keys.

Does not matter on the party or the circumstance - automatic general election.
  3. It's widely rumoured that Calamity Broon is suffers from some sort of mental disorder such as manic depression that would explain his avoidance of stressful situations - especially when he sees his grasp on the preciouuusss slipping.

The other thing to worry about is the fact that his private life is an open secret in political circles (in the same way that Charles Kennedy's liking for the bottle was well known by those "in the know"). It's not for nothing that the press increasingly use the term "clunking fist" with reference to Broon - it has nothing to do with his mismanagement of the economy!!

Has Cyclops got any more skeletons we ask?
  4. Thank you for the link.

That man is dangerous.
  5. He's probably off booking his post assignment-as-PM vacation on a yacht off Malta...

It seems that when Sarko's is back in Paris, Brown can get a lease on the boat.
  6. I met Brown in 1997 and I can confirm that he has a very limp handshake if that's any help.

I did like Cameron's comment in PMQs yesterday about his blacked-out limo.
  7. I'd heard he has personality disorders but I hadn't heard of anything as serious as manic depression. This brings into question his suitability for a high stress job. If he can't hack bad election results, hows he going to deal with al-Q, a collapsing economy and a war in Iraq?

On the other hand, he might just be trying to distance himself from the Scottish/local election catastrophe.

Don't keep us in suspense. Spill the beans.
  8. I think he is just a clever enough politician to know that if he isn't around when things go wrong, he can't be fingered or answer any potentially embarrassing questions.

McCavity the Cat, anyone?

9. Isn't he off saving Africa, or did he do that last year?