Where you live

DSC_0298smol.JPG

Walk back from dropping car off for its MoT the other day.

I live in a quiet lakeside harbour town that is an outer part of the greater Toronto conurbation. It is fairly upmarket due to its location by the lake and very leafy suburbia type of place. Not much goes on really.

But it was a surprise to come home and find swat teams and police all over the place and my street closed 50 feet up at the crossroads. Seems a bloke a couple of streets over had a bit of a hostage situation with some woman going on. The twist was he apparently had an arsenal and was threatening to go all active shooter (we didn’t know this at the time). It all fizzled out and he was taken into custody.

This being Canada though he was apparently released (guns confiscated), so that they could all go through a similar scene some months later. We watched the second one from the front porch chairs with a couple of beers as you do.

Last edited:

Hexi Bloke

War Hero
Unknown.jpeg

Little cottage in the tallies of South Wales. Been trying to sell it for six months. Have lived here since I retired 6 years ago....right house but wrong location.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I live in a quiet lakeside harbour town that is an outer part of the greater Toronto conurbation. It is fairly upmarket due to its location by the lake and very leafy suburbia type of place. Not much goes on really.

But it was a surprise to come home and find swat teams and police all over the place and my street closed 50 feet up at the crossroads. Seems a bloke a couple of streets over had a bit of a hostage situation with some woman going on. The twist was he apparently had an arsenal and was threatening to go all active shooter (we didn’t know this at the time). It all fizzled out and he was taken into custody.

This being Canada though he was apparently released (guns confiscated), so that they could all go through a similar scene some months later. We watched the second one from the front porch chairs with a couple of beers as you do.
The Burbs Canadian style

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Latest Threads