Where would I be located???

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by no_surrender_rfc1690, Jan 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im currently going through the process of joining the army and am looking to join the Royal Engineers as a carpenter & joiner. Ive been to the careers office and im now at the stage where I sit my BARB test. Providing I am succesfull on getting into the trade and there is a position available for me, where would I be based?? Not sure if ive misunderstood the guy at the office as the way he was putting it was that I would have to relocate as there arent any engineering regiments up here. I stay in Fife, Scotland where the Black watch is the local regiment. If anyone could get back to me on this it would be totally appreciated as I am confused,haha!

2. Are you joining the TA or the Regular Army?
  3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Where ever the RE need a chippy.
  4. Im looking to join up full time. Yeah but the way I think he was putting it was that I might have to move home?? I might have picked him up wrong but im pretty sure thats the way he was putting it to me? Cheers for the replies though
  5. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Once you have completed Phase 1 training you will move to wherever the RE carrys out Phase 2 to conduct your trade training. ALl of this info is available at the Recruiting Office. Following successful completion of Phase 2 training, the Royal Engineers will assign you to wherever they need you to go; which in effect could be anywhere but is likely to be a Regt in UK or Germany.

Regimental locations for the RE are here: RE Units - British Army Website

Good luck.
  6. Cheers mate. Found that link very useful. Fingers crossed I get in! Careers officer was saying its quite difficult to get in...