• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Where would I be located???

Im currently going through the process of joining the army and am looking to join the Royal Engineers as a carpenter & joiner. Ive been to the careers office and im now at the stage where I sit my BARB test. Providing I am succesfull on getting into the trade and there is a position available for me, where would I be based?? Not sure if ive misunderstood the guy at the office as the way he was putting it was that I would have to relocate as there arent any engineering regiments up here. I stay in Fife, Scotland where the Black watch is the local regiment. If anyone could get back to me on this it would be totally appreciated as I am confused,haha!

Cheers

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Im currently going through the process of joining the army and am looking to join the Royal Engineers as a carpenter & joiner. Ive been to the careers office and im now at the stage where I sit my BARB test. Providing I am succesfull on getting into the trade and there is a position available for me, where would I be based?? Not sure if ive misunderstood the guy at the office as the way he was putting it was that I would have to relocate as there arent any engineering regiments up here. I stay in Fife, Scotland where the Black watch is the local regiment. If anyone could get back to me on this it would be totally appreciated as I am confused,haha!

Cheers
Where ever the RE need a chippy.

Im looking to join up full time. Yeah but the way I think he was putting it was that I might have to move home?? I might have picked him up wrong but im pretty sure thats the way he was putting it to me? Cheers for the replies though

Bowmore_Assassin

MIA
Book Reviewer
Once you have completed Phase 1 training you will move to wherever the RE carrys out Phase 2 to conduct your trade training. ALl of this info is available at the Recruiting Office. Following successful completion of Phase 2 training, the Royal Engineers will assign you to wherever they need you to go; which in effect could be anywhere but is likely to be a Regt in UK or Germany.

Regimental locations for the RE are here: RE Units - British Army Website

Good luck.

Latest Threads