Where will we end up next!

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Kingojosh93, Mar 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With operations in Afghanistan slowly grinding to a halt with the pull out date in what i believe is 2014. Anyone got any guesses of where the man in downing street will send us next?

.Libya, Syria, Iran maybe?
  2. Most likely the Job centre....
    • Like Like x 9
  3. What no vote for Somali?

Lack of organised serious opposition? No real geo-political worries if we mallet them? We can dress it up as humanitarian?

Sounds a goer to me.

Better than fecking around in iran or Yemen or Syria.

They've finished with Libyan, time for a new train set isn't it?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. We not waiting for Israel to kick it off with Iran?

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE app (because I'm posh)
  5. Big Bob Mugabe is due to shuffle off his mortal coil soonish?

Might be a bit of space for some humanitarian meddling in the infighting that is sure to start as the rest of them display their democratic credentials by slotting anyone (and their extended family) who doesn't vote the way they should.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The way this country is going, "I have a rendezvous to keep at some disputed barricade", proly in London or Brum or even Giggleswick.
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

black swan.jpg

Do a Google on 'Black Swan Event'.

The answer I feel, is nobody knows. And I really don't give a toss how sensitively your 16th century mansion has been refurbished to accommodate your leading edge think tank or how many Gucci cars are parked on the gravel.

Something will happen in the next 5 years that will change the plot entirely. History is littered with stupid people who thought it would be 'business as usual' and extrapolated on that basis.

In my view we need to prepare for the invasion of lizard monsters from outer space. But since this is the serious bit of ARRSE I shall not say that.

PS: The Black Swan Event was postulated by a guy called Taleb. Ironing, or what?
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Fixed that for you, your Grace. No charge, of course.
  9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

You could be right. The rise of a credible neo-con right wing movement which is anti immigration, anti Chav/dole dosser, anti 'people not like us' is a possibility. Maybe a probability?

So it is not a black swan event.

A black swan event was 9/11.

We all knew bad people were out to harm us. But nobody could foresee that they would hijack airliners and smash them into buildings in our city centers. The fact that they did led us to the current horrorshow that is Afghan.

I thank God I am not involved in strategic planning right now. Other than sticking poison pills into our T&C's for MoD software contracts.

Personally, in answer to the OP, I would get our bodies back to the island and prepare to repel boarders. "The fox has many tricks. The hedgehog has one very good one".
  10. [​IMG]
  11. Have the RLC got an EXIT plan? How many years will it take to ship out all the Heavy Equipment?
  12. catterick
  13. G4S/Crapita will be running the country by then.
    They will need bodies to patrol the streets,deal with the drunks thrown out of the clubs,guards for shopping centres and some big blokes to nick Grannies for feeding pigeons in the park etc etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

As the only military in the world with experience in giving directions to foreigners, acting as car parking attendants, operating barriers and gates, checking tickets, picking up litter, and doing jiff jobs at a Guiness record rate - I reckon there is a fair chance to be loaned to Rio de Janeiro for their olympic security detail....