Where were you when the planes hit?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by skid2, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Ten years ago, 500 yards from my front door. The mobile starts going bonkers. I tell Ms Skid when she wants to know where I am that I'm
    almost home. I am then ordered for once in my life to go to the pub now. Pub had a TV I hadn't got round to it. Spent a considerable
    time gobsmacked and drinking Guinness.

2. Having a ****.

3. Visting my wife in hospital in Spain.
    The doctors and nurses kept coming into her room to watch what was happening on TV.

4. Flying, listening to a long message on Guard and 121.5 telling all civvies to land their bug-smashing puddle jumping crap and leave the skies to their rightful military owners.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I had just gotten home from Double Maths... dad was channel hopping on sky and we spotted that suddenly bbc news was on bbc1 all day, we thought something big must have happened so turned to it... just in time to see the second plane hit. The text banner at the bottom of the screen said "America under attack" and I remember thinking "Shit, it's world war three!"

6. Sitting in a black helicopter over Manhattan holding a remote detonator button.

• Like Like x 15
  7. In my office in Amsterdam holding a conference call to one of our offices about 3 blocks from the WTC. The meeting was distracted somewhat and finished early.

8. I was at work in Londonderry, whinging at the standard of television broadcasts. I mean, evey channel was showing the same thing, how unimaginative.

• Like Like x 1
  9. At work om my lunch break.

10. Driving back from Chester Zoo, I had to say the Americans put on a spectacular Trapeze show from those two towers, lots of tumbling, I particularly liked the chap who managed to make himself swastika shaped before he met the pavement. Very good.

11. Playing cricket at primary school

12. Making my way home from school dodging a batty old man shouting "Its the end of the world!" Not because of 9/11. Just 'cause he was a barmy old ****.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. New York, I'd just finished a very difficult rewiring job on a couple of tall buildings....

Not really, I was at college, found out about it from watching it on a tv in the front of a shop on my way to work

14. The local recruiting office, not kidding. I'd just finished my interview when it all kicked off. The first I heard about it was from my American mates on the internet when I got home a few minutes later. It wasn't on the telly then or BBC News page so didn't understand the full extent at first. Then it came on the TV and I saw the second plane go in live. I remember thinking the second tower wouldn't fall even if it was burning because it looked so strong and robust. When it did go I was quite shocked, I was online to a mate in NYC at the time too and he was watchng it first hand from his window.

DC

15. Middle Wallop. Nuff said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.