Where we are in the world web site rankings

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Oct 20, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thought you may be interested:

I've just been doing a bit research about where we stand compared to the 'competition' - I use quotes as I don't think many are direct competition, but you get the gist.

The following is the global ranking of the site according to www.alexa.com. Lower is better obviously.

www.forcesreunited.com No 65,329
    www.servicepals.com No 125,063

www.arrse.co.uk No 151,572

www.militaryforums.co.uk No 491,993
    www.modreunited.com No 589,190
    www.modoracle.com No 1,148,748
    www.biscuitsbrown.com No 1,364,408
    www.armynet.mod.uk No 2,519,628

Above us are Forces Reunited and Service Pals, although they are aimed at the older user rather than the mainly 25 - 45 (see age polls) whipper-snappers that hang around here. Also of note was that their usage is dropping quickly while ours is doing quite the opposite.

Even more boring than all that is that on average you (singular) look at 26.4 pages of ARRSE a day; the .4 being, I assume, the bit where the Mrs / boss / sex mad blonde interrupts you to force you to do something more boring instead.

Finally for reasons of pride and wallet-lining (fat chance!) I'd like to see us at the top of the list, although only if we don't have to rent another webserver to cope, in which case ARRSE pages will be strictly rationed.
  2. Traffic Rank for arrse.co.uk: 143,334 :D