Where we are deployed...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Proximo, Jun 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. These are the latest (releasable) disposition figures:

• OPERATION ----- TROOPS ----- REMARKS

BANNER: 6,496 troops in NI (less Rear Based & R IRISH HS)

OCULUS: 888 troops in Kosovo, Bosnia & FYROM – SS Enduring

HERRICK: 623 troops in Afghanistan – SS Enduring

TELIC: 6,213 troops in Iraq – MS Enduring

TOSCA: 298 troops in Cyprus (UN)

BANDOG/ORCADES: 68 troops World Wide (RMP CP)

TURNER: 10 troops in Sierra Leone (UN)

BARONET: 4 troops in Georgia (UN)

MONUC: 5 troops in DRC (UN)

SEQUESTA: 1 individual in Liberia (UN)

DALMIN: 1 individual in Sudan (UN)

Total 14,607

14.1% of the trained Army is deployed on Operations.

23% of the trained Army is committed to Operations.

Note: (‘Committed’ refers to units preparing for, deployed on, and recovering from Operations as well as those committed to Overseas Comds, PCF and MACA).

(Including R IRISH and Mob Res the figures are 18.3% and 27.1% respectively)

2. DD, add those involved in Bowman conversion and the figure is?

3. So 37.1% of the Army is on or about to go on Ops. Nice.

And the Government says we are not overstretched. Bliar liar. He is a cnut!

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Coo!......it should be emphasised that these are ARMY only figures rather than Tri-Service.

Darth - Am I right in thinking this excludes RM ? is there a public source dit on their deployed state currently ?

( I looked at the TELIC number and thought...wtf have 2,000 sweaty bodies disappeared to ?)

The Herrick numbers are due to soar next year...SBY,SBY.....

Le Chevre

5. So....What are all the rest of the idle so-and-sos up to then? :)

6. :D We can do the sums together old chap!

7 Armd Bde are being converted to Bowman as we speak, as is 3 Cdo Bde. 19 Mech Bde are becoming 'Lighter' in line with the FAS rollout etc etc.

In fairness, the conversion to Bowman process doesn't (technically) interfere with the preparation for Operations, but try telling that to the Bde COS! :D

7. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, but my sides have split. If I did tell a previous 7 Armd Bde COS that, he would have killed me!

8. :D :D :D :D :D :D

9. Thsi, I take it, does not include those who are non-deployable, ie. those who are medically down-graded, those at trg estb, etc. If that is the case then the percentage of the deployable Army on Ops is considerably higher. I await being corrected.

10. You obviously know who I mean.

11. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

So that leaves about 60% left over. Well according to Government thought that is very inefficient, we must be able to get at least 80% of the Army deployed, committed or recovering from operations at any one time. You know it makes sense. Morale is not tangible, therefore it is irrelevant....

Come on DD, lets all sign up for another major deployment somewhere so we can have more of our soldiers killed on an operation that is either illegal, a hiding to nothing or just plain daft.

12. Any (postable) news on UK staffing of HQ ECMM?