Where to go?

Discussion in 'REME' started by lillostfox, Jul 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I need to make a decision on what REME Bn I would like to go to, but even after doing a lot of research I can't find much difference between them so anyone have any suggestions as to which one would be a better choice?

2. UK - 6 CS Bn

Germany - 3 CS Bn

Both very good battalions.

3. The words piss up and brewery spring to mind!

If this is your first posting get your self to Germany so 2 or 3BN.

4. What makes you think that YOU have any choice in the matter? :D

The way it normally works is that you tell them where you WANT to go and they send you somewhere completely different.

Good luck!

5. I was advised to try the reverse psychology method to posting preferences. If you want Germany, put down UK, and they're bound to send you to Germany.

For years I tried that, I put down N Ireland over and over hoping to get Hong Kong; sure enough I got N Ireland again and again :D

6. If I was going to go to a UK battalion though it would have to be 6. 4 is more piss up nad brewery.

7. Oh I kno that far too well but the REME have to give at least 1 preference regardless soo may as well go for the best eh!

Thanks guys this has been extremely helpful

8. That was helpfull?......................Lost for words, all you got was the sounds of yesteryear! Thoes the say ask for black and you will get white are either sour or yesteryear kind! The last bloke in charge at MCM was without doubt an arse with postings, however if you rubbed him up right, life could be OK! The new guy is making every effort to sort people out, give him enough width and your aspirations, and you normally get what you want. This is comming from a blopke who spent 17 years in Osnabruckand only left because it is closed, roll on the next couple of months till I am a civvi and then its stay at home in Traz!!