Where to go?

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by ugly, Apr 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have the opportunity now having worked reasonably hard since leaving in 88 to sell my pad and start afresh in either Australia or Canada.
    I have a choice, I can afford to sell up and use my equity to buy a small farm 300 + acres and start a dog kennels and pheasant farm in ontario or go to Oz and do a similar job to now (not one I hate but work still sucks) and be financially secure earning ridiculous ammounts of OZ Doz!
    I have checked the Canadian gun laws and apart from crappy deerseasons it is almost reasonable.
    All I think I know about Oz is doom and gloom!
    Any ideas, I'm not a fan of extreemes of temperature but I do prefer snow to drought (Yorkshire/Lancs heritage) though my wife will put up with either!
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Thanks mate I'll stick that one in the favs folder and do it this weekend whilst sober!
  3. Have a look at coming over here to NZ, Properties are cheaper, land too! The weather is like the UK, but better, if that makes any sense?? Residency is easy to gain. And the countryside is out of this world. I didnt think I would like it here, but now I dont want to leave. Crime is virtually non-existant, and your money goes a lot further. Certainly worth looking into!!!