Where to go on a gap year in the sigs????

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Pompeybloke, Aug 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just found out that i managed to get a gap year commission to start in sept and i'm begin sponsored by the sigs and wondered where is the best place to go???? i was thinking about 16th EW what do people think? thanks

2. Try there by all means, but I suspect you'll find 14 Signal Regiment (Electronic Warfare) both better manned and easier to find.

3. lol i just realised that doh not such a great start! :)

4. I hope you end up in a unit you enjoy. Before setting your heart on the wilds of Brawdy and the (generally warm) places they will be on ops over the next 12 months, I'd check with whoever is sponsoring you on what is actually available. You might find that, because of some of its arcane requirements, 14 Sig Regt is not open as a posting for those with gap year commissions. I might be wrong, but I'd check it.

So far as the rest of the Corps is concerned, you'll find most units committed to operations one way or another in the next 12 months. It would be worth waiting for the overview of the Corps that I think you get at Blandford before deciding, if you have the chance.

In any event, good luck for the year - I hope you enjoy it!

Don

5. If youre a fruity young filly then get your fine self to the MIGHTY 21st Signal Regiment

6. Try 3 Div, it is one of the best units going, and has a location to die for.

7. ''If youre a fruity young filly then get your fine self to the MIGHTY 21st Signal Regiment''

Did the name 'Pompeybloke' not give you a rough idea of his sexuality???

8. yeah, but this is in the sigs forum ... so by definition he's gonna be a f*cking nancy boy homo bed wetting shiney arrseing remfing brew bitching frilly underwear ... er ... wearing, fag.

9. So why are you in here numbnuts.................................Cruising?

10. ha ha ...

brew anyone.

11. Sorry pal, couldn't resist - you kind of walked into that one :lol:

12. no worries whistler .... but i never walk in the sigs forum.

i mince

it's the law :D

13. nah shortfuse is busy in manchester at the gay parade doing his "bit" for QUEEN and country !!

14. why go to manchester for a gay parade .... they have one at blandford every morning.

now be nice to me and i might give you a reach round. :D

15. i wouldnt know , before i leave ill post my mod 90 to avoid that place!