Where to go on a gap year in the sigs????

I've just found out that i managed to get a gap year commission to start in sept and i'm begin sponsored by the sigs and wondered where is the best place to go???? i was thinking about 16th EW what do people think? thanks

Pompeybloke said:
I've just found out that i managed to get a gap year commission to start in sept and i'm begin sponsored by the sigs and wondered where is the best place to go???? i was thinking about 16th EW what do people think? thanks
Try there by all means, but I suspect you'll find 14 Signal Regiment (Electronic Warfare) both better manned and easier to find.

I hope you end up in a unit you enjoy. Before setting your heart on the wilds of Brawdy and the (generally warm) places they will be on ops over the next 12 months, I'd check with whoever is sponsoring you on what is actually available. You might find that, because of some of its arcane requirements, 14 Sig Regt is not open as a posting for those with gap year commissions. I might be wrong, but I'd check it.

So far as the rest of the Corps is concerned, you'll find most units committed to operations one way or another in the next 12 months. It would be worth waiting for the overview of the Corps that I think you get at Blandford before deciding, if you have the chance.

In any event, good luck for the year - I hope you enjoy it!

Don

Try 3 Div, it is one of the best units going, and has a location to die for.

''If youre a fruity young filly then get your fine self to the MIGHTY 21st Signal Regiment''

Did the name 'Pompeybloke' not give you a rough idea of his sexuality???

yeah, but this is in the sigs forum ... so by definition he's gonna be a f*cking nancy boy homo bed wetting shiney arrseing remfing brew bitching frilly underwear ... er ... wearing, fag.

shortfuse said:
yeah, but this is in the sigs forum ... so by definition he's gonna be a f*cking nancy boy homo bed wetting shiney arrseing remfing brew bitching frilly underwear ... er ... wearing, fag.
So why are you in here numbnuts.................................Cruising?

nah shortfuse is busy in manchester at the gay parade doing his "bit" for QUEEN and country !!

Ladies sorry to break up your girly slapping competition.. but lets give the guy some help (even if he is a pompey lad!!)

P Bloke,

That was a good start with the 16SR EW !!! HA HA (Although I don't think they will let you go there anyway whatever the no!)

From past experience of SSLC (Short Service Limited Capability) (GAP Yrs Commissions) regardless of were you go you are only going to end up being somebodys brew bitch or go on do lots of Adv Trg (as long as you organise it!)
If I remember rightly under the rules of your engagment your are undeployable (like an OTC OCdt) so make sure you pick a Unit that is going to have some people around during your tour (ie NOT anybody on or about to go to Iraq or Afgan. or NI) Best advise is get yourself out to Germany to either a Regt or Bde Sig Sqn so at least you can go on the lash and see Europe if nothing else. Bruggen would be a good start, as at least somebody should be there?!? (any comments?) wether 7SR or 16SR.
Where ever you go don't take the job to seriously, get on with the troops as well as the Offrs, and get yourself on every trip away either sporting, Adv Trg (Skiing in Nov / Overseas Expeds), Battle Field tours, attachment to other Units. The more you see during this year will help to make up your mind if you want to come back to the Army (R SIGNALS or other) after Uni for a future career.
Speak to the SORLS recruiting team and try and find out what Units are doing!!

JJ