Where to go for Quality Tattoos?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by PandaLOVE, Mar 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Midlife crisis Part IV.....

If cost was not an issue where would you go for top quality colour tattoos (anywhere in UK) and if you wanted to for example cover an arm completely with an intricate, coloured design what would be the ball park cost....... if cost was not an issue that is?

2. Edinburgh, there's one every year.

Edit, to not be a numpty: I once heard about £50 per hour. In an hour, about a handsized area can be tattooed depending on level of detail.
    As for where to go, there's one and only one reliable way of choosing a tattoo artist. Find someone with an awesome tattoo and ask them who did it. (Not which shop, which artist).
  3. Excellent, I thought I'd covered all my bases! Spelling, check, grammar, check and click.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Theres a guy in Cambridge, Mill Road called Fabio. His work is excellent!
  5. Louis Malloy, Middleton, Manchester.

Expensive but one of the best around done a lot of Celebs. Has been flown to Madrid and LA in the past to tattoo Beckham. His office is on Oldham Rd Middleton
  6. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

I don't know about quality, but Steph at Poison Ink Tattoos, Basepoint Centre, Basingstoke offers a 25% discount for forces people, and has actually offered us an hour's tattooing to auction for Hols4Heroes.
  7. Russia have a quality Tatu. :wink:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Ian of Reading (If he is still going) I found to be good.

Most of mine were done by Tattoo Magic in Southampton. Mind you it might have changed since John left.

As for price I couldn't say as it has been a while since I had one.
  9. It depends on what style you want. Some artists are very good at certain things. But very lacking at others.
  10. All, bar 2 of my tattoos were done by Ian. He used to be on the Oxford road in Reading, but I don't think he's there anymore. Klunky, who tattood with him is still in Reading somewhere I believe, and is very good.
  12. Thanks for the input so far all. I will look up that Malloy chap. I'm staying near Basingstoke this week end so will pop into Ink Tattoos, thanks.

Spelling, check, grammar, check, sense of humour, check and click.....
  13. I can't say enough good about James Woodford who works at In2u in Brighton. He is unbelievably talented, currently doing my sleeve and I the only thing I don't like about him is that he hasn't done all of mine. He is definately the only man who will do the rest from now on.
    See some of his work on his myspace page...
  14. two19 Tattoo in Littleport, Ely.

Has done a quality backpiece for me.

Will charge £50 an hour but will happily set asside as many hours as you want.

Very pro forces.

A bit of a distance but I travel to him if I want fresh ink.