where to find bees wax

I have not long turned up to my unit. i am in dire need of some bee's wax for my boots. The unit i am at is very small and secluded and consiquently has no PRI shop in which i have always relied on to buy the wax. does anyone know of any civi shots in which i can get it. Rememberance parade is coming up so ill need it pretty sharpish!!!

Try a Saddlery (where they sell horse equipment).

cheers, iv found the stuff before bt its a lot softer, do ya know any other stuff you can use or is bees wax the only stuff for the job?

i dont know if the way i use it is best, but its worked for me in the past.

using a small blow torch, you heat the leather on your boot and rub the wax block into the leather. you keep doing this untill the boot hardens. its a little more envolved than that but thats basicly how it works. if this is done properly, it limits movement in the boot which, when bulled will stop the polish from cracking straight off

Remf, it used to be an expense item used by radio technicians RSigs, IIRC for sealing the ends of co-ax cables. If there any scaley units near you ask them (but don't hold your breath)

6505-99-210-0205 BEESWAX,WHITE - (probably what you want)
6505-99-210-0206 BEESWAX,YELLOW,BPC (British Pharmaceutical Codex - medical grade)
6509-99-147-4676 BEESWAX AND OLIVE O (and Olive Oil?) again, probably medical.