Where to commit Cardinal Sin

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Crepello, May 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So, you're a member of a famous (possibly infamous) organisation and you need to hide out for a while, to let the heat die down and outraged memory fade, while your higher authority bides time to put you into another position of authority, trust and ability to "exhibit your human falibility".

Here's an example of the sort of pillar of the community that might need to take this action:

Ladies & Gentlemen of Arrse, I give you Cardinal Keith O'Brian - lately UK's most senior RC cleric.

Now, fleeing to Paraguay is sooo 1950s and, in any event, it's toppers with aging Germans. So, where to go?

Arrsers - unleash your fertile imagination.....

ps: I've already nominated the Isle of Man(love), even if the pun is quite weak. :oops:

2. Colchester. Padre to 3 Para Mortars.

3. He's a shoe-in for RM Chaplaincy. Succour for hard men.

added:

I see excog was thinking along the same lines but stumbled over the punchline.

4. And he'd always volunteer for the rear party. 'Sermon on the mount' might mean something different to the usual, though ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

Ah,that would be an ecumenical matter.

• Like Like x 3
  6. I think the best place to comit Cardinal sin is in a Cardinal. Just saying.

7. Cardinal Sin? Whats he got to do with it?

Cardinal_Jaime_Sin_in_1988.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. I think, as a mark of respect to his junior cleric victims, that all Cardinals should from now on wear brown hats!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bangkok it is then

:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Only one place for a Crow too hide - the Vatican.

So many RC clerics that another one would blend right in. As would, apparently, one who bats for the Jarrod XI.

11. YES!

• Like Like x 1
  12. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

Heretics! You are accused of heresy on three counts - heresy by thought, heresy by word, heresy by deed, and heresy by action - four counts. Do you confess?

13. Not the comfy chair, please!