Where the hell is the Navy?

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by Yeoman_dai, Jun 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, i've seen two picket boats, 4 ORCs, 2 P2000's, and HMS HURWORTH (best ship in the fleet, not that i'm biased) and Belfast (which doesn't count)

We're doing it again, this is a classic time to try 'push' the Navy, and we've fallen down a bit. Of that lot only Hurworth is really noticeable as a Warship, the rest i'm sure are being confused/assumed to be Police no doubt.

Immensely frustrating. So I thought the best thing to do was drip about it on an internet forum, clearly.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I agree, this would have been a perfect time for Daring to be showing off her sleek and modern design and be moored by Belfast or President. An excellent promotional opportunity lost imho.

• Like Like x 1
  3. What Navy?

4. Hate to tell you Dai, but that is the Royal Navy. I too remember the old days when the Bridge Card couldn't be printed on the back of a postage stamp but those days are gone.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I thought ocean was up there as well?

not that it helps matters.

well sky news seems to have done the best coverage so far, and no ads which is nice. and its pissing it down which I hope is the same weather as the olympics gets.

after all if its good enough for her maj...

I thought there was a t45 up the thames? something on the news the other day with an origami ship sailing up the river fitted for bunting but not fitted with.

6. The Stealth Boats have such highly efficient Dazzle Paint schemes that you failed to spot them.

Did you not see the latest maritime Camo Nets?

7. It was very irritating when the camera was focused on Hurworth for aaaages but the presenter either hadn't been briefed (likely) or just didn't think it was interesting enough beyond watching a pretty boat use bow and stern thrusters to come alongside smoothly... from the way he was speaking you'd think it was using the bloody Force.:pissedoff:

8. Apparently they are on the Thames in London, a fact that the BBC commentators have to remind you of at least every 20 seconds. ARRRGGHHHHH

9. Feck... you don't need mind altering drugs do you?
    HMS Hurworth

Best ship in the fleet...

10. NELSON AT THE BETTLE OF WATERLOO, what the ****. Did anyone else catch that? Talking about old hatmakers, making hats for "Nelson, at the Battle of Waterloo"

Outrage bus, now...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yep caught that, ******* outraged. Bloody shit presenters

12. Like I said, i'm biased.

13. Biased?

Feck me, you need sectioning.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Glad I wasn't the only one to notice that.... just come round after I smashed my head against the wall in annoyance!!!

Mind you, she works for a 'wimmins magazine', so I guess we should just be awed she's even heard of either Nelson or any battle in history!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Royal Navy WAS there. And they looked magnificent in their gondolas, I thought.

• Like Like x 2