Where the hell is Barry Budden?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Strike, Oct 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bit of a bone topic but ive done a bit of searching elsewhere with no results, maybe ive spelt it wrong but can somebody please enlighten me.

where is Barry Budden, Barrybudden, Barry Buden......whatever!! I know is east Scotland somewhere past Edinburgh.

2. It's by Dundee. Very nice place, built around 10 years back.
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Barry Buddon. Between Dundee and Arbroath.

4. 10 years back? I remember running around there in the late 70's as a cadet. 8O
  5. he is on tv advertising CILLET BANG
    • Like Like x 2
  6. He's normally on the JPA forumns on ARRSE helping us JPA virgins out with our claims. :wink:
  7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Me too. Late eighties though. Nissen huts all over the place :D

It's been upgraded I think.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Cr*p I thought it said where's Barry's Buddy........ So I'll just take off then. CYA
  9. Taken all the fun out of it 8O ,I remember it from the 60's :(
  10. Barry Buddon has been around since at least 1897 and in WW2 it was a PoW Camp. I believe that Rudolf Hess was held there overnight after his capture in 1941.

Think it was recently flogged off to the locals for £350,000.
  11. its a tip ....enjoy
  12. Mr C
    I suspect you're thinking about Cultybraggan. Barry Buddon is still a training camp (or it was when I passed it this afternoon.)
  13. Oh aye :oops: you're right!!!!

That part of the world all looks the same to me.
  14. Arbroath ish
    and 1980 for me
  15. I live about 2 miles from it and it is still there. A very good camp which was upgraded about 10 years ago. Excellent facilities although the staff can be a bit anal at times. I take it someone is going there for exercise?