Where the hell is Barry Budden?

Bit of a bone topic but ive done a bit of searching elsewhere with no results, maybe ive spelt it wrong but can somebody please enlighten me.

where is Barry Budden, Barrybudden, Barry Buden......whatever!! I know is east Scotland somewhere past Edinburgh.

cheers

It's by Dundee. Very nice place, built around 10 years back.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Barry Buddon. Between Dundee and Arbroath.

He's normally on the JPA forumns on ARRSE helping us JPA virgins out with our claims. :wink:

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Mazur_UK said:

10 years back? I remember running around there in the late 70's as a cadet. 8O
Me too. Late eighties though. Nissen huts all over the place :D

It's been upgraded I think.

Cr*p I thought it said where's Barry's Buddy........ So I'll just take off then. CYA

Sixty said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Mazur_UK said:

Me too. Late eighties though. Nissen huts all over the place :D

It's been upgraded I think.
Taken all the fun out of it 8O ,I remember it from the 60's :(

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Mazur_UK said:
Barry Buddon has been around since at least 1897 and in WW2 it was a PoW Camp. I believe that Rudolf Hess was held there overnight after his capture in 1941.

Think it was recently flogged off to the locals for £350,000.

its a tip ....enjoy

Mr C
I suspect you're thinking about Cultybraggan. Barry Buddon is still a training camp (or it was when I passed it this afternoon.)

exsniffer said:
Mr C
I suspect you're thinking about Cultybraggan. Barry Buddon is still a training camp (or it was when I passed it this afternoon.)
Oh aye :oops: you're right!!!!

D'OH!!!!

That part of the world all looks the same to me.

I live about 2 miles from it and it is still there. A very good camp which was upgraded about 10 years ago. Excellent facilities although the staff can be a bit anal at times. I take it someone is going there for exercise?

My bad about the built 10 years back. Meant was refubished 10 years back (apparently)

There was a thread a while back in QMs & MT about the camp. Nice place if the weather's dry, good facilities. There was some talk about making it a regular posting, but I think it was binned. Probably worried about the suicide rate taking off. :D

Link here.

too_tall said:
It's right next to Carnoustie golf course.
and, unsurprisingly, Barry golf course too!

Not a bad place to be honest. Spent quite a bit of time there - both growing up when I used to sneak onto the training area, and then later, on various exercises, camps etc. {never been in the new accommodation, just the old nissen huts - have seen the new blocks though, they looked good from the outside anyway}.

Good for low level, small unit stuff but is limited by the rather small training area.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Yeoman_dai Royal Navy 52
S The Intelligence Cell 45
msr The NAAFI Bar 39