Where the f*ck do you draw the line!

It's human nature my man, and it doesnt just happen in the forces and it's a well known phenomena ( see Stanford prison experiment - Wikipedia for example).
In real life, the guys in charge are worrying about lives and careers being on the line, and being palmed off with bigger responsibilities that come with a huge risk of really being dragged over the coals. In my experience, power comes with a fuckton of anxiety, and sometimes I reflect on how much happier I was as a private, and as a humble catering assistant before that. I resented a few senior management types back then, but today I'm understanding how much harder life was for them.
It was rarely about abusing power, but protecting juniors from the universal game of blame shifting.

There's a good reason Pte. Snowflake is making brews, collecting brass and getting the odd minor bollocking. This is as good as it's going to get.

In real life, the guys in charge are worrying about lives and careers being on the line, and being palmed off with bigger responsibilities that come with a huge risk of really being dragged over the coals. In my experience, power comes with a fuckton of anxiety, and sometimes I reflect on how much happier I was as a private, and as a humble catering assistant before that. I resented a few senior management types back then, but today I'm understanding how much harder life was for them.
It was rarely about abusing power, but protecting juniors from the universal game of blame shifting.

There's a good reason Pte. Snowflake is making brews, collecting brass and getting the odd minor bollocking. This is as good as it's going to get.
A lot of truth in that. I am a considered a fairly clever person and long ago, decided that its easier and safer in life, to be without too much responsibility.. I have a lot of respect for some willing to take on added responsibilities, though ego and pathology suggests many aren't a full shilling to want it.

I think @Snappedbod21 has left the building. He might be some time...
20200122_091001.jpg

If the OP would kindly provide us with the name of his unit, location, the name of his Commanding Officer, and tell us how long it has been since he passed out from basic training, maybe one of us could put a word in for him :wink: :wink: :wink:

So a general question, debate whatever you wanna call it I don’t care.

Let’s talk about rank, let’s talk about how rank instantly goes to someone head a soon as they achieve a stripe and become a bigger knob head then they already are.. they wonder why people sign off it’s because of the cnuts they work for and I honestly feel sorry for every private in the army because if your a private you are literally a piece of shit, until you promote and become a piece of shit but why is this? If you abuse your kid as a child does he grow up and become abusive?

being a private in the army is possible the worst career in the whole world I possibly couldn’t think of anything worse, like for example a full screw “telling” you to make him a brew whilst he’s standing doing **** all himself just to lazy to go make himself ******* one and thinks he can make one of the private’s do it because they mean **** all! I mean if this guy spoke to me like this in civvy Street he’d be getting throat slammed to the floor.

and also as soon as you get your first stripe you instantly become a lazy ****? Like last week you was a private having to brass pick like every other poor ******* private in the squadron but you’ve recently been promoted and now you’re a counting lance jack! And brass picking comes round again but now you stand there with your hands in your pocket watching all of the other privates pick up brass whilst you walk past brasspointing bits of brass to pick for all the private’s.

let’s talk about commanders.. so you’ve just belted 300 rounds through your GPMG it comes to cleaning it and then you realise “I’m a full screw I’ll get someone else to clean the weapon I fired whilst I **** off and drink brews and spin dit’s”

like what the ****? Where is line between taking the morale ******* piss... I don’t give a **** if you’ve think youve earned your rank it’s no excuse to suddenly become a top ******, and think I don’t have to do any work anymore. Abuse of power is so big in the army right now and everyone’s scared to say no! Because apparently if you say no you’re disobeying and an order.

so I’m ******* pissed. Please share opinion on how authority should be used and if you think it’s acceptable to become a lazy **** and make private’s do the most pointless things because your too ******* lazy to flick the kettle on or clean your ******* own personal weapon!
Know your place, you fucking pleb.

@ The OP,

Let me give you some good advice now.

You need to learn to manipulate people - even those you hate. Let them think you are their friend, let them talk about themselves and feign interest in what they are saying etc. Also make friends with the senior ranks and you'll find life is a lot easier and you'll find you get promoted faster.

It's pointless arguing or drawing dirty looks etc - all you'll do is make yourself a target, let others be the target instead.

There's some good books on manipulation - and it works wonders with the females as well. Play the long game - in the end you'll win.
That’s really interesting mate! :)

Can't you golly in his brew? You'd prob get filled in if you was caught but...
That’s for people with whom you’re only mildly annoyed.

For brew bitch revenge on a true Borgian scale:

Take his jar of Nescafé

Scoop out half of contents

Coil one into jar

Cover with Nescafé

Dispose of excess Nescafé

Latest Threads