Where the f*ck do you draw the line!

I can get where the Op is coming from. Shit NCO's fucking the lads around needlessly, why stay.

OP, head down, eyes and ears open, work hard without bitching about things. Get yourself noticed as someone who works hard and gets the job done. Start asking Seniors subtle questions about promotion, plant the seed in their mind.

Get promoted, then look after the blokes under you, do Not expect them to do jobs you're not prepared to do yourself. Look after your blokes, when you drop a bollock(and you will) Instead of them dropping you in the shit they'll cover for you.
I've experienced VERY poor NCO's one being a senior who was a complete and utter cunt. I've also experienced VERY GOOD NCO's who I, and the rest of the lads have had the utmost respect for. As one Officer put it, the unit will only run like a well oiled machine if their is mutual respect, it goes both ways. This individual made sure his troops were looked after, all tasks were done, praise given where due. Result, One very motivated, very tight unit.
Sounds to me like you're in a shite unit tbh.

Having worked for a toxic "leader" I can understand his frustrations. Luckily, as a Captain, I was in a much better position to try and influence things and arranged a meeting with my head of arm.

Did fück all use that I could see, but I tried.
What is a ' head of arm' ?
Is it some kind of new military expression ?

So a general question, debate whatever you wanna call it I don’t care.

Let’s talk about rank, let’s talk about how rank instantly goes to someone head a soon as they achieve a stripe and become a bigger knob head then they already are.. they wonder why people sign off it’s because of the cnuts they work for and I honestly feel sorry for every private in the army because if your a private you are literally a piece of shit, until you promote and become a piece of shit but why is this? If you abuse your kid as a child does he grow up and become abusive?

being a private in the army is possible the worst career in the whole world I possibly couldn’t think of anything worse, like for example a full screw “telling” you to make him a brew whilst he’s standing doing **** all himself just to lazy to go make himself ******* one and thinks he can make one of the private’s do it because they mean **** all! I mean if this guy spoke to me like this in civvy Street he’d be getting throat slammed to the floor.

and also as soon as you get your first stripe you instantly become a lazy ****? Like last week you was a private having to brass pick like every other poor ******* private in the squadron but you’ve recently been promoted and now you’re a counting lance jack! And brass picking comes round again but now you stand there with your hands in your pocket watching all of the other privates pick up brass whilst you walk past brasspointing bits of brass to pick for all the private’s.

let’s talk about commanders.. so you’ve just belted 300 rounds through your GPMG it comes to cleaning it and then you realise “I’m a full screw I’ll get someone else to clean the weapon I fired whilst I **** off and drink brews and spin dit’s”

like what the ****? Where is line between taking the morale ******* piss... I don’t give a **** if you’ve think youve earned your rank it’s no excuse to suddenly become a top ******, and think I don’t have to do any work anymore. Abuse of power is so big in the army right now and everyone’s scared to say no! Because apparently if you say no you’re disobeying and an order.

so I’m ******* pissed. Please share opinion on how authority should be used and if you think it’s acceptable to become a lazy **** and make private’s do the most pointless things because your too ******* lazy to flick the kettle on or clean your ******* own personal weapon!
I'm guessing you're in some jam stealer outfit like RAF Reg.

To the OP, did you see this and believe it? Ha fucking Ha if you did

The Army does need Snowflakes, it's to give the JNCO's someone whiny to fuck about

All he has to look forward to is a RSM pension.
And just for laughs and because he can get away with it, chin the RSM between 2359 and 0001!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Or wipe your bell end around the rim of his cup - and that kiddywinks is why I never accepted a cuppa at any guardroom I visited. ;)
Amen to that, brother!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Show me on the doll where the nasty Full Screw touched you and we won't laugh.
action-man.jpg

Show me on the doll where the nasty Full Screw touched you and we won't laugh.
View attachment 445114
The sad thing about these incidents of touching (and more) is the perpetrator(s) weren't even full screws.

Top marks for doll's facial accuracy, which really captures the anxiety of Pte. Snowflake, as questions race through his mind as he waits by the armoury. 'Which JNCO will interfere with me today?', 'When will it happen?', 'Where will it happen?'. 'Is there someone in the CoC I can talk to?'

Our young Pte. doll is improperly dressed, though. Creases. Shirt not pressed. Belt's not centred. Beret's slightly wrong.
Show parade, sweetheart. Cpt. Scarbrough's quarters. Usual time.

Last edited:
It's the Army, lad. Think of it as like being Kermit's gay lover: the more time you spend in green, the better you cope with all the shit.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It would be nice to hear from the OP this morning about his post and hangover. :)

It's human nature my man, and it doesnt just happen in the forces and it's a well known phenomena ( see Stanford prison experiment - Wikipedia for example).

The only thing you can do is as others have said. Head down, work hard, get promoted and be a better NCO than the ones you have experienced. Look after your men / women and they will look after you.

And this problem is exclusive to the Forces? I've worked for serious knob-heads outside of that remit. Life's a bitch and then you die.....

So a general question, debate whatever you wanna call it I don’t care.

Let’s talk about rank, let’s talk about how rank instantly goes to someone head a soon as they achieve a stripe and become a bigger knob head then they already are.. they wonder why people sign off it’s because of the cnuts they work for and I honestly feel sorry for every private in the army because if your a private you are literally a piece of shit, until you promote and become a piece of shit but why is this? If you abuse your kid as a child does he grow up and become abusive?

being a private in the army is possible the worst career in the whole world I possibly couldn’t think of anything worse, like for example a full screw “telling” you to make him a brew whilst he’s standing doing **** all himself just to lazy to go make himself ******* one and thinks he can make one of the private’s do it because they mean **** all! I mean if this guy spoke to me like this in civvy Street he’d be getting throat slammed to the floor.

and also as soon as you get your first stripe you instantly become a lazy ****? Like last week you was a private having to brass pick like every other poor ******* private in the squadron but you’ve recently been promoted and now you’re a counting lance jack! And brass picking comes round again but now you stand there with your hands in your pocket watching all of the other privates pick up brass whilst you walk past brasspointing bits of brass to pick for all the private’s.

let’s talk about commanders.. so you’ve just belted 300 rounds through your GPMG it comes to cleaning it and then you realise “I’m a full screw I’ll get someone else to clean the weapon I fired whilst I **** off and drink brews and spin dit’s”

like what the ****? Where is line between taking the morale ******* piss... I don’t give a **** if you’ve think youve earned your rank it’s no excuse to suddenly become a top ******, and think I don’t have to do any work anymore. Abuse of power is so big in the army right now and everyone’s scared to say no! Because apparently if you say no you’re disobeying and an order.

so I’m ******* pissed. Please share opinion on how authority should be used and if you think it’s acceptable to become a lazy **** and make private’s do the most pointless things because your too ******* lazy to flick the kettle on or clean your ******* own personal weapon!
Its pretty much any army. Rank is everything, as they're are the supposed investment and the plebs are merely pawns to be moved around the chessboard, until either they're complete their service, quit, or accrue some rank and join the race.... Service life for a private, is rather like porridge(tv series). Where fletcher describes how you can't beat the system, but little victories over your superiors, is how people maintain some sanity.

For myself, I was regularly busted and rather enjoyed the notority of being an outsider, who could do the job, but also do my own thing when it suited me (with occassionally being found out).

Latest Threads