Where the f*ck do you draw the line!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
So a general question, debate whatever you wanna call it I don’t care.

Let’s talk about rank, let’s talk about how rank instantly goes to someone head a soon as they achieve a stripe and become a bigger knob head then they already are.. they wonder why people sign off it’s because of the cnuts they work for and I honestly feel sorry for every private in the army because if your a private you are literally a piece of shit, until you promote and become a piece of shit but why is this? If you abuse your kid as a child does he grow up and become abusive?

being a private in the army is possible the worst career in the whole world I possibly couldn’t think of anything worse, like for example a full screw “telling” you to make him a brew whilst he’s standing doing **** all himself just to lazy to go make himself ******* one and thinks he can make one of the private’s do it because they mean **** all! I mean if this guy spoke to me like this in civvy Street he’d be getting throat slammed to the floor.

and also as soon as you get your first stripe you instantly become a lazy ****? Like last week you was a private having to brass pick like every other poor ******* private in the squadron but you’ve recently been promoted and now you’re a counting lance jack! And brass picking comes round again but now you stand there with your hands in your pocket watching all of the other privates pick up brass whilst you walk past brasspointing bits of brass to pick for all the private’s.

let’s talk about commanders.. so you’ve just belted 300 rounds through your GPMG it comes to cleaning it and then you realise “I’m a full screw I’ll get someone else to clean the weapon I fired whilst I **** off and drink brews and spin dit’s”

like what the ****? Where is line between taking the morale ******* piss... I don’t give a **** if you’ve think youve earned your rank it’s no excuse to suddenly become a top ******, and think I don’t have to do any work anymore. Abuse of power is so big in the army right now and everyone’s scared to say no! Because apparently if you say no you’re disobeying and an order.

so I’m ******* pissed. Please share opinion on how authority should be used and if you think it’s acceptable to become a lazy **** and make private’s do the most pointless things because your too ******* lazy to flick the kettle on or clean your ******* own personal weapon!
Lesson one: don't join a site, pished, just to have a rant. Don't normally work out well for you.

Lesson two: take on board some of the sage advice given in this thread. Given by people who used to be Ptes then became NCOs!

Lesson three: Learn how to enjoy your hangover.

Yes you have some shite NCO's, it can happen and there is not a lot you can do about it apart from live with it until you become an NCO.

Grit your teeth, live with the shit, give 110% and always be the one who is the example to be followed, think ahead for your SNCO's and Officers and anticipate their requests and be there with them ready and done. That should hopefully set you on the path to promotion. Once you have your first tape keep it up, push for the courses always be the best possible soldier you can be and you should move onward and upward.

As you rise through the ranks please remember your post here: Lead by example and not by being a jack shit just because you have a tape or two, your blokes will always respect you and when you do ask them to do something they will know it is because you need them to do it and not because you are a lazy jack shit.

Grit your teeth, stick with it and climb the greasy pole of rank.

What a snowflake - you must be used to your mum doing everything for you, I suggest you man up a little bit.

In my job as an Oil Rig Mechanic - I regularly have to unblock sewage pipes with a fire hose - (usually filling about 2/3 large oil drums with about 200+ peoples faeces) I don't go whining to the Rig Engineer or OIM - because it's my bloody job and if I don't do it - the problem will get worse and I'll be sacked.

Life is like this - in ANY job you - once you work your way up the ladder, the shit becomes someone else's problem.

Now imagine yourself in a war zone and your mate has just been blown into fragments by an IED - same corporal telling you to pick up some body parts - doesn't need some fooking knob getting all uppety when he tells you to get a poncho out and start collecting those bits - he's got other shit to think about while you're doing that.

You do those shitty jobs when you're told - because when the shit hits the fan, you go on to autopilot and know what to do instinctively due to having done other crap jobs when you're told to.
Some really goods comments I appreciate it. I’d like to reply to this one though. Being told to pick up my muckas body is different then being forced to make a brew for a full screw who’s stand 10 metres from the hot water boiler, in the field I love it I understand being told what to do, what needs to be done and I do it, but on camp being told to ridiculous things for pure entertainment for seniors and NCO’s is totally a different thing, if I got told to go to recycling section on camp and do some recycling I’d do it because it’s my job To tasks a private would do or whatever just like I would on civvy Street, however being forced to do stupid shit because some power mad cunt has gone to far and wants to take his shit home lifeon us poor cunts is totally different.

another examples some of our SNCOS beasting private’s for the own entertainment, bearing mind the private’s have done nothing wrong to deserve a “beasting” but still gets it from a group of Sargents who are power mad because they meant fuck all on civvy Street and finally have power over some poor cunts.

so what I’m saying is yes I understand a job needs doing, and sometimes things need to be what you don’t like doing, but there’s also a point where it gets to taking the piss. I joined the army to fight and understand following orders, having people screaming in my face if the shit hit the fan, but camp life and all I can put it down to is bored NCOs/SNCOs finding ways to cure it by being pure bullying cunts but no one is brave enough to have a voice, even myself for that matter because of the consequences it could have on us.. is it even worth saying it? And I’m sure I speak on behalf of a lot of private’s here, id love to see a poll asked by private’s JNCO’s I’d rank is abused in the British army because it would be surprising.

Let’s talk about rank, let’s talk about how rank instantly goes to someone head a soon as they achieve a stripe and become a bigger knob head then they already are.. they wonder why people sign off it’s because of the cnuts they work for and I honestly feel sorry for every private in the army because if your a private you are literally a piece of shit, until you promote and become a piece of shit but why is this? If you abuse your kid as a child does he grow up and become abusive?

being a private in the army is possible the worst career in the whole world I possibly couldn’t think of anything worse, like for example a full screw “telling” you to make him a brew whilst he’s standing doing **** all himself just to lazy to go make himself ******* one and thinks he can make one of the private’s do it because they mean **** all! I mean if this guy spoke to me like this in civvy Street he’d be getting throat slammed to the floor.

and also as soon as you get your first stripe you instantly become a lazy ****? Like last week you was a private having to brass pick like every other poor ******* private in the squadron but you’ve recently been promoted and now you’re a counting lance jack! And brass picking comes round again but now you stand there with your hands in your pocket watching all of the other privates pick up brass whilst you walk past brasspointing bits of brass to pick for all the private’s.

let’s talk about commanders.. so you’ve just belted 300 rounds through your GPMG it comes to cleaning it and then you realise “I’m a full screw I’ll get someone else to clean the weapon I fired whilst I **** off and drink brews and spin dit’s”

like what the ****? Where is line between taking the morale ******* piss... I don’t give a **** if you’ve think youve earned your rank it’s no excuse to suddenly become a top ******, and think I don’t have to do any work anymore. Abuse of power is so big in the army right now and everyone’s scared to say no! Because apparently if you say no you’re disobeying and an order.

so I’m ******* pissed. Please share opinion on how authority should be used and if you think it’s acceptable to become a lazy **** and make private’s do the most pointless things because your too ******* lazy to flick the kettle on or clean your ******* own personal weapon!
Come on Harry, give it time - you’ve only been in Canada a day.

Can't you golly in his brew? You'd prob get filled in if you was caught but...
That's my sole contribution gazumped.

Sorry OP, but even in cadets we had to put up with egotistical tossers lording it over people because of rank, so it's bound to happen in the real services, and it happens in civvey street with 'team leaders' who often don't actually get paid for their position.

As said, suck it down and do your job. The more lacking in self awareness these people are, the less likely they are to check themselves before dropping a clanger. I'm thinking of two people who had to do a humiliating stroll into the distance having acted like king shít; in the same place, but two years apart.

I was wise enough the second time round to STFU and let nature take its course; a great learning experience for a young AV, borne out of a negative situation. Should you find yourself taped up following their demotion, you'll say nothing and treat them better than they treated you, which is far worse for them than retaliating.

Oh, and as @The_Civil_Civilian said, skiff his brew, but don't get caught.

mrdude

War Hero
You shovel shit for a living.

I've just sent my surprised face on a week's holiday,
I generally fix stuff/design stuff and write software - however I do sometimes need to wade through other peoples shit and unblock grey/black water pipes due to the nature of my job. I've done a lot of shit jobs in my life - being in war zones was also one of them, so I know when shit stuff happens - you can't just run away, you just need to suck it up and get on with the job in hand. No point in bitching about it, as all you'll do is piss other people off.

Dear OP,

So far the members of this community have given you some sound advice, and surprisingly been fairly polite.

So let me address that for you......

Hang on a minute, I'm having deja vu here...

Forget all that, do not pass go, do not collect 100 pounds. Just go straight to the thread below instead. Because with an attitude like you've got this is where you'll end up. It'll just save us all a lot of time.

You need to man up, quit the fecking moaning and show those who boss you about you've got some balls. If you cant take orders of any kind, the military is not for you.

Next...

Edit, polite except for @jarrod248 there's always one

Last edited:
Some really goods comments I appreciate it. I’d like to reply to this one though. Being told to pick up my muckas body is different then being forced to make a brew for a full screw who’s stand 10 metres from the hot water boiler, in the field I love it I understand being told what to do, what needs to be done and I do it, but on camp being told to ridiculous things for pure entertainment for seniors and NCO’s is totally a different thing, if I got told to go to recycling section on camp and do some recycling I’d do it because it’s my job To tasks a private would do or whatever just like I would on civvy Street, however being forced to do stupid shit because some power mad **** has gone to far and wants to take his shit home lifeon us poor cnuts is totally different.

another examples some of our SNCOS beasting private’s for the own entertainment, bearing mind the private’s have done nothing wrong to deserve a “beasting” but still gets it from a group of Sargents who are power mad because they meant **** all on civvy Street and finally have power over some poor cnuts.

so what I’m saying is yes I understand a job needs doing, and sometimes things need to be what you don’t like doing, but there’s also a point where it gets to taking the piss. I joined the army to fight and understand following orders, having people screaming in my face if the shit hit the fan, but camp life and all I can put it down to is bored NCOs/SNCOs finding ways to cure it by being pure bullying cnuts but no one is brave enough to have a voice, even myself for that matter because of the consequences it could have on us.. is it even worth saying it? And I’m sure I speak on behalf of a lot of private’s here, id love to see a poll asked by private’s JNCO’s I’d rank is abused in the British army because it would be surprising.
Does your mum know you're out. FFS

Wait until you have been locked inside a grey metal locker and pushed down three flights of stairs, or painted a ton of coal white with a toothbrush, or been bed ended after being pissed on in your bed at 3am in the morning.

Sheesh, kids these days...

mrdude

War Hero
@ The OP,

Let me give you some good advice now.

You need to learn to manipulate people - even those you hate. Let them think you are their friend, let them talk about themselves and feign interest in what they are saying etc. Also make friends with the senior ranks and you'll find life is a lot easier and you'll find you get promoted faster.

It's pointless arguing or drawing dirty looks etc - all you'll do is make yourself a target, let others be the target instead.

There's some good books on manipulation - and it works wonders with the females as well. Play the long game - in the end you'll win.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
At the risk of of repeating myself, I'll offer two different perspectives from my parents, both now deceased, which have stood me in good stead.

Mother: turn the other cheek like a good Christian.

Dad: give the buggers enough rope....

Does your mum know you're out. FFS

Wait until you have been locked inside a grey metal locker and pushed down three flights of stairs, or painted a ton of coal white with a toothbrush, or been bed ended after being pissed on in your bed at 3am in the morning.

Sheesh, kids these days...
10 Regiment walt...

Some really goods comments I appreciate it. I’d like to reply to this one though. Being told to pick up my muckas body is different then being forced to make a brew for a full screw who’s stand 10 metres from the hot water boiler, in the field I love it I understand being told what to do, what needs to be done and I do it, but on camp being told to ridiculous things for pure entertainment for seniors and NCO’s is totally a different thing, if I got told to go to recycling section on camp and do some recycling I’d do it because it’s my job To tasks a private would do or whatever just like I would on civvy Street, however being forced to do stupid shit because some power mad **** has gone to far and wants to take his shit home lifeon us poor cnuts is totally different.

another examples some of our SNCOS beasting private’s for the own entertainment, bearing mind the private’s have done nothing wrong to deserve a “beasting” but still gets it from a group of Sargents who are power mad because they meant **** all on civvy Street and finally have power over some poor cnuts.

so what I’m saying is yes I understand a job needs doing, and sometimes things need to be what you don’t like doing, but there’s also a point where it gets to taking the piss. I joined the army to fight and understand following orders, having people screaming in my face if the shit hit the fan, but camp life and all I can put it down to is bored NCOs/SNCOs finding ways to cure it by being pure bullying cnuts but no one is brave enough to have a voice, even myself for that matter because of the consequences it could have on us.. is it even worth saying it? And I’m sure I speak on behalf of a lot of private’s here, id love to see a poll asked by private’s JNCO’s I’d rank is abused in the British army because it would be surprising.
I just forwarded that to to Jeremy Corbyn, I am sure he will be able to help you out.

PS. You really are a bit of a whinging cunt.

Latest Threads