where the eck is Google?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by TamH70, Jun 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. www.google.com and www.google.co.uk are both missing. Is this just a normal feck up or has the site been ddos?

I would have said it's my browser, but I get nothing on either Firefox or Internet Explorer 8.

2. Nope, its there.
  3. It's all there using Safari.
  4. Google's fine here mukker :D
    it's my home page and been using it all day :D
    I'm on firefox as well so must be your end :?
  5. Fine for me. Have you tried Googling them? ;)
  6. I got it , however the other day a freind in the US said it had been hacked , whenever you hit search it just spewed out racial abuse.

7. I've had that a few times in the past week or so using IE8 and Firefox 3.6.3

Tried clearing the cache and refreshing - no joy. Some sites worked, some wouldn't (no firewall at the moment thank God)
  8. Thanks for the useful comments, :)

I think Oyibo may be right. It could well be a problem with I.E. 8 and Firefox 3.6.4.

I hate these transient errors. They really bite my plums.
    :x :x
  9. Or a scan for Malware might be in order.
  10. I had the same today. I finally went into the Control Panel and Security Settings, clicked 'windows firewall' and then clicked 'Allow a programme through windows firewall.' and then added Mozilla Firefox.

No problem now, don't know why it stopped working though. But IE wont help and Mozilla is tied to google as it's main search engine..

Try it, it worked for me and Google was completely gone and Mozilla would be the culprit.

Have put this on a PM for you. Best of luck, I think it will work ok though.
  11. Perhaps they've blocked you for using inappropriate search terms. They're trialling some new software, targetting the worst offenders (nonces) first.
    Are you Catholic?
  12. You got away with it then..well done. :)