Where not to swim

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by HHH, May 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HHH

HHH LE

2. Blackpool the jewel of Lancs got the big thumbs down too as did quite a few in Wales.

Looks as if the North Wests tackiest resort is going to be doing stag/hen do,s for a while yet as taking the waters is,nt likely to be high on anyones agenda.

3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

So let me get this straight...

Swimming - Nireland.

Nireland - Swimming

We are discussing swimming. In Northern Ireland. Are we clear on that? Tell me I am not having an acid flashback?

Swimming

And Northern Ireland, yes?

• Like Like x 3
  4. HHH

HHH LE

I know it's hard to believe, but we're a hardie breed here.( also helps your swimming if your not right in the head!!)

5. A few of us took a trip up to a beach near Port Stewart for a bit of a swim once. We lasted 20 mins before getting ice-cream headaches and the onset of hypothermia. We bugged out to a decent bar in Coleraine and got on it instead.

Swimming off the north coast of NI is for proper bonafide sea creatures only.....or the dead.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blackpool, Hmm.. isn't that where one doesn't actually SWIM in the sea, one just goes through the MOTIONS!

Taxi.......

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I didnt get that joke at all. I had some swimmers working the cockle beds down Morecambe Bay way a few years ago. There was some sort of fuss so I moved to Kamchatka for a while. Horrible ******* place.

So, back on thread? You are telling me that people have swum. In the sea. In Nireland? With wet suits or floatation suits? Or in their budgie catchers? Which?

8. HHH

HHH LE

After a swim they more like Bee Hummingbird catchers:nod:

9. Fella jumped into a river in Strabane as well a week ago while handcuffed escaping the police, he's feared dead.....

Does that mean its unsafe to swim in that river too...

10. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

He was handcuffed????

11. From what I read, he was being transferred between cars and done a runner and jumped into the river.

12. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

I went swimming off Port Rush once, some cnut pushed me out the back of a 824 Sqn Seaking, Christ it was cold,

13. Whilst in the air? Or was there a puddle on the LZ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. That was very selfish of them, considering that you originally invented helicopters and the sea.

You two dogging ****.

15. If by hardie you mean alcoholic, tracksuit sporting chavs then I agree.