Where not to swim

Blackpool the jewel of Lancs got the big thumbs down too as did quite a few in Wales.

Looks as if the North Wests tackiest resort is going to be doing stag/hen do,s for a while yet as taking the waters is,nt likely to be high on anyones agenda.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
So let me get this straight...

Swimming - Nireland.

Nireland - Swimming

We are discussing swimming. In Northern Ireland. Are we clear on that? Tell me I am not having an acid flashback?

Swimming

And Northern Ireland, yes?

So let me get this straight...

Swimming - Nireland.

Nireland - Swimming

We are discussing swimming. In Northern Ireland. Are we clear on that? Tell me I am not having an acid flashback?

Swimming

And Northern Ireland, yes?
I know it's hard to believe, but we're a hardie breed here.( also helps your swimming if your not right in the head!!)

A few of us took a trip up to a beach near Port Stewart for a bit of a swim once. We lasted 20 mins before getting ice-cream headaches and the onset of hypothermia. We bugged out to a decent bar in Coleraine and got on it instead.

Swimming off the north coast of NI is for proper bonafide sea creatures only.....or the dead.

Blackpool the jewel of Lancs got the big thumbs down too as did quite a few in Wales.

Looks as if the North Wests tackiest resort is going to be doing stag/hen do,s for a while yet as taking the waters is,nt likely to be high on anyones agenda.
Blackpool, Hmm.. isn't that where one doesn't actually SWIM in the sea, one just goes through the MOTIONS!

Taxi.......

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Blackpool, Hmm.. isn't that where one doesn't actually SWIM in the sea, one just goes through the MOTIONS!

Taxi.......
I didnt get that joke at all. I had some swimmers working the cockle beds down Morecambe Bay way a few years ago. There was some sort of fuss so I moved to Kamchatka for a while. Horrible ******* place.

So, back on thread? You are telling me that people have swum. In the sea. In Nireland? With wet suits or floatation suits? Or in their budgie catchers? Which?

I didnt get that joke at all. I had some swimmers working the cockle beds down Morecambe Bay way a few years ago. There was some sort of fuss so I moved to Kamchatka for a while. Horrible ******* place.

So, back on thread? You are telling me that people have swum. In the sea. In Nireland? With wet suits or floatation suits? Or in their budgie catchers? Which?
After a swim they more like Bee Hummingbird catchers:nod:

Fella jumped into a river in Strabane as well a week ago while handcuffed escaping the police, he's feared dead.....

Does that mean its unsafe to swim in that river too...

He was handcuffed????
From what I read, he was being transferred between cars and done a runner and jumped into the river.

jim24

LE
Book Reviewer
I went swimming off Port Rush once, some cnut pushed me out the back of a 824 Sqn Seaking, Christ it was cold,

If by hardie you mean alcoholic, tracksuit sporting chavs then I agree.
What, all of us, that's a bit harsh ,some of us don't wear tracksuits.

By the way, **** Off thanks.

Would've thought Swimming Pools are a good place to go, says in the name. Sewerage farms on the other hand won't be, there's no hint in the name or anything!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The Intelligence Cell 0
msr The Intelligence Cell 14
R The Intelligence Cell 8