Where next?

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Spot_the_Dog, Nov 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I left the army 12 years ago and now I work as a recreational dive instructor in Thailand. I remembered when I left I had no trade, no direction and no life really. I eventually ending up doing my current job, which really does suit anyone from the forces, plenty of social life, training and the need for self-discipline. I then thought I would like to help any ex-forces to do the same thing, but money is something I don't have a lot of (it's not a high paid career, but then you never got rich in HMF!) So I wrote to H4H and the British legion. H4H said they don't help any ex-forces, and the BL said they would not assist anyone overseas. The money would have been spent on equipment, dive agency fees and accomodation, but all the training was free - basically you become a dive instructor at cost and not the thousands I shelled out.

    My question, as I'm obviously new (cr@p) at this, is where should I write to next? And why are these agencies so restrictive in the help they offer?
  2. Speak to the Career Transition Partnership, they should be able to tell you what you need to know, they are the ones that provide the resettlement.

    Web Page Name
  3. Thank you very much! :D