Where next: France

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Apr 16, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. Top idea, Especially liked this bit.  

"Not since Palmerston had nations quaked when a British leader said he had no plans to attack them"

;D   ;D
  3. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Confusion to the French dear boy, Confusion to the French!
  4. mmmm how about a pre emptive assasination attempt on chirac before starting the invasion  ;) he mite start rustling up his many dummies himself included !

ahhhhh argincourt was british finest hour ! ;D
  5. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

Could they maybe russel up a Paris Pierre as a spokesman to try and outdo Baghdad Bob
  6. Got a letter before Christmas asking me, as a reserve, to volunteer for Bosnia, apparently to free up serving regulars, no chance.

Now if that letter came asking me to volunteer to free up regulars for the impending invasion of France, now that might be different.... ;D
  7. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

OK, we invade france, but who is gonna be detailed to pick up all the dropped rifles, remove all the abandoned tanks off the battlefield, and take all the surrenders...  We just don't have the manpower  ;D ;D ;D
  8. Yes it's all very clever but the 101st Airborne did not take Pegasus Bridge, the Ox.and Bucks LI did. I hate it when these pinko media types get it wrong!!!! :mad:
  9. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Note:  'Come on, the Ox and Bucks!'

NOT the paras, but line infantry.  And some pretty damned accurate Glider Pilot Regiment guys. ;)
  10. Wasn't Richard Todd (Ox and Bucks LI, Merville Battery) the only "Name" actor in "The Longest day" who had actually been there - on the day?
  11. It Was Ox and Bucks Light Infantry. Merged with the RGJ and so Pegasus Bridge is a Greenjacket battle honour.

That really does confuse the Airborne, bless them.

And yes, Richard Todd was there and I type this with a print of a glider at Pegasus Bridge in front of me. Brings a tear to my eye....( when I remember how much I paid for it...)
  12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I saw somewhere else (NY Times Intl. Edition) that 101st captured Pegasus Bridge, as I read clear skies clouded over, thunder sounded and an email to the editor was dashed off.  NY Times Intl. Edition is edited in Paris....
  13. This riled me up aswell!
  14. Now no wish to be picky about this but....

What made you dredge up a 7 year old thread?
  15. Probably this bit