where next and who going!

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by quiller, Jan 30, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. since so much of the TA is being or on the verge of being mobilised or at least worrying about it, i'm concerned about how far blair is going to go with this. since iraq is only the starting point of blair/ bushes conquest for world domination, the next countries on their list are:
    somalia (2?)
    yemen
    libya
    syria
    iran
    and of course n korea

it might eventually happen that everyone in the TA will be mobilised somewhere at sometime. do you think this could happen and if so how far will it go?

2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Watch the BBC now!

OpSec apart, we are looking at BIG numbers of reservists - almost all TA this time, rather than mostly crabs last time.

Loads and loads of slots for individual reservists - very few formed Units - so, if you want to go, it could well be you, no matter where you are serving :D

3. OldSnowy

See my recent post in tha TA forum on Mobilisation - yep, a few formed Units, thousands of individuals.  

E.g. one nameless Unit is providing 30+ individual reservists to go to 13+ separate Reg units.  Impossible to look after them (welfare nightmare), no requirement for Officers/SNCOs (so no one to fight their corner) and also sends the message that the way to avoid mobilisation is toget a Commission!  Total Arrrrrrrse.  It's purely down to idelness at various HQs, and lack of understanding of the TA.  

If you need all these, why not mobilise formed Units!

Rant off.

4. i was thinking more of future operations:

somalia (2?)
    yemen
    libya
    syria
    iran
    and of course n korea

which are on bush's wish list, are we going to blindly follow him there too?

5. so where should we be wanting go not on bush's whim?

France?
    Ireland?

;D

6. I read somewhere that Chilwell has 6500 set of kit ready to start the sausage machine on full speed.  I also heard that 3 other makeshift RTMC centres have been set up around the country.  has anyone else heard this?  

7. OldSnowy

The 3 extra Chilwells seem to have been abandoned, as the main place is so slick!  They are giving guys 1 day there, then off to somewhere else (Grantham?) for the rest.

Rest assured, the sausage machine is already running as fast as it needs :)

8. Well we're all staggered into Chilwell starting now and I gather it's 1-2 days there, then on to Grantham for the remainder of the week, and then on to job specific training at the relevant place.

Of course I have been told bugger all about anything. I don't know how long I've been mobbed for, I don't know where I'm going other than "the job description means you'll be geting your toes sandy" (thanks PSI), and don't even know how to tell people how to write/get in touch with me. Will I get a chance to get home again? Can I drop excess kit off somewhere? Can I get more kit if needs be? blah blah blah. I've been on and off this mob more times than a cheap tart - had enough already.

How hard is it just to tell people what's going on?

9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Join the Army see the world, it's not a job its a adventure!

Who needs contact addresses?.......

10. Does anyone know or is anyone aware of the need for AAC ta to be mob'd ??? ???

11. For the duration or  between 6 months to a year with the option on a second year if they decide they need you, at least thats what we've been told.

Where you're going depends on who you're with but keep that to yourself here. Once you get there you will be able to send Blueys (armend forces air mail) home free of charge, you include your return address on the back and hey presto instant mail, well 6 ish weeks later anyway! there is the other option of eblueys, available here >>> www.ebluey.org.uk

err wouldn't have thought so, certainly not while you go through Chilwell (1 day) and Grantham (3 days) you may get a chance when you go to your holding unit prior to overseas travel but don't count on it

again I wouldn't count on it, plan on taking the kit list you were sent with your mobilisation paperwork nothing more and hopefully nothing less

and you think its going to get better before it gets worse???? ;D

12. It appears the next set of compulsory callouts are NOT desert bound but back to the Balkans!! I'll not mention any units at this stage but a Fd Amb is being tasked to find just short of 100 bodies for an early Summer deployment. Watch out, watch out...!!