Where Labour went wrong...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Closet_Jibber, May 13, 2010.

?
  1. Not a chance

86.1%
  2. I'm open minded if they change

13.9%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There was some Lefty bint on the Magic Box yesterday discussing how the Labour Party need to de-brief and in particular find out why each lost vote was lost.

I'm thinking we should do them a favour and write them down for them all to read at their new unemployed leisure. Maybe it will give them an idea of how many votes they can win back, if any. This may also have the added benefit of giving our new co-alition government a few hints and tips on how to stay in power.

Firstly and above anything - Communism doesn't work... You the Labour government spent more than you earned.

Secondly - You treated the general public like idiots. Bringing the likes of Mandleson (Squealer) back on side showed you to be a gang of immoral fools who would sell their own mother to gain a seat.

Thirdly you created a society with no incentive to be the best, brightest and honest. You ruined school sports days, you made being unemployed and lazy a suitable and comfortable way of life, you made being a criminal even easier, you made it so a university education is now a waste of time and money. To summarise, without incentive to come top people are just happy being "Equal." Which brings me on to my last point.

You changed the meaning of the word equal. Now equal means that if you are white, male and under 25 you are at the bottom of the pile. There is nothing "equal" about positive discrimination. There is nothing "Equal" about my grandparents (Both war veterans) not being able to heat their homes whilst unemployed criminals drive BMW's. There is certainly nothing equal about the fact that if I had fiddled my expenses I'd have been out of a job and possibly imprisoned. Lastly there is nothing equal about going to war on £15,000 a year when your "Community, Diversity and cultural awareness monitoring team" earn £28,000.

Over to arrse

2. No person is equal to any other.

Fairness is entirely contextual.

The lowest common denominator should never be as aspiration.

Progress does not mean better.

Targets are not a replacement for service delivery

3. The terms "Minimum required" and "Minimum strength" have led to Maximum failure.

In my line of work these phrases have led to a mentality where the powers that be aim to achieve the most with the least rather than achieve the best with as many as it requires.

The current mentality at The MOD is no different.

4. Mandleson and Brown both quoted the fact that the Tories had a better campaign because they had more money to spend on it. Another good reason not to vote Labour - they can't even keep their own finances in order, so why let them loose on the Treasury. Fix the roof while the sun shines? noooooo, let's squander every tax payer's hard earned cash and borrow more when it runs out. CNUTS.

5. Do me a favour. Come and explain that to the population of The North West.

6. WHOA!! As I mentioned in another thread about the out going Gubmint, can you stop tarring the North West with the same brush, it's positively insulting. Try and narrow your parameters a bit :D
    Oh and never in a million years would I vote for Labour, in whatever incarnation it re-emerges as. If someone's gonna piss my money up the wall, I'd prefer it to be me.

7. As I don't belong to the British military then I haven't a moral right to vote. Of course there were some mistakes.

1. Mr.Brown was himself a big mistake. He would be an excellent minister, cancelor but not a leader. He is not sufficiently charismatic for a leader.

2. The electoral campaign by the Labour was bleak. There were no new ideas. I expected something like "flying pigs" cartoon now. But it didn't happen.

3. The Labour lost many opportunities. For example, the former speaker, mr.Martin could hint Labour MPs to stop recieve doubtfull payments and return previously taken ones. Later the scandal would undermine namely the image of the Tories.

8. Why? The pig-ignorant northerners couldn't understand logic if you shoved it up their arrse. I would know, I tried in my most diplomatic language to explain to the current (geordie) Ms Jungel why Labour were a shocker in government and the mad bint still voted for them.

I have no sympathy for the northerners, they've run their outrage bus over Thatcher into the ground but don't understand that the wheels have come off. Noone else cares about the politics of 20 years ago.

The majority of northern kids only vote Labour because thats what their parents do...

Attached Files:

9. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Normally I tend to get a little bored with the ever increasing amount of 'political threads' on Arrse, but I must admit, this paragraph from CJ stood out by a mile:

"You changed the meaning of the word equal. Now equal means that if you are white, male and under 25 you are at the bottom of the pile. There is nothing "equal" about positive discrimination. There is nothing "Equal" about my grandparents (Both war veterans) not being able to heat their homes whilst unemployed criminals drive BMW's. There is certainly nothing equal about the fact that if I had fiddled my expenses I'd have been out of a job and possibly imprisoned. Lastly there is nothing equal about going to war on £15,000 a year when your "Community, Diversity and cultural awareness monitoring team" earn £28,000."

A friend of mine was telling me today about a policeman that called at his gran's place. To cut a long story short she lives in a decent part of town, neighbouring the equivalent of Chatsworth. But instead of shitting on their own doorstep, these criminals look elsewhere, and the proximity of her place means that for some time now she has had a spate of attempted burglaries - particularly from her garden and shed.

So what did the coppers want then? Oh - to tell her to take the razor wire down off her wall, in case any of these 'misdirected youths' were to injure themselves during their 'activities'.

But while you've got Harriet Hate-men's husband live on air being unable to admit that by losing 90-odd seats, his party is being rejected - there's little hope that they will see every day problems like the ones explained so far in this thread (that they have bred).

Hopefully another 3 or 4 terms of losing even more votes will get the message across.

10. Neither do 80% of the people that post here so don't feel bad.. :D

11. You'll note I said "Come" and explain it.

There are people up here who on the run up to the election tried telling me that you can only be a labour politician if you had a working class up bringing.

When challenging a "Thatcher Milk Snatcher" commentator on what it meant I was advised that The Tories in the late 90's raised the price of milk. :?

With that kind of stupidity up here Labour must have fallen asleep at the wheel to have lost any local seats... Ever.

12. On drugs today?

13. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Let me clarify - discussing it is all very well. But the constant pointless polls, and feeds of what we've already read in the paper and seen on the news ...and digs at Whet. It's getting old and tired.

This thread is different. It's not simply a repeat of a link someone's found on a website followed by the words: "Discuss" or something similar.

14. Also PFI's... You completely ruined a good idea by paying for things twice.

15. Progress should mean better, otherwise it just isn't.

Listening to focus groups is not the same as listening to the population at large or indeed understanding what they say or why in fact they felt it had to be said. Still if you have never lived in the real world...

Making it harder to do things that create the value you redistribute is never going to be popular or indeed beneficial.