Where is Jackos No 1 Dress Hat??????

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by GeneralMalaise, Dec 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Since when did a Para have a No1 dress hat?

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

he ain't Para - he is a General Staff Officer.

3. L/Para (Very L/Int Corps).

Now General List. That's how!

4. He ain't a general staff officer, he is the Chief Of The General Staff. Doesn't matter though, he keeps his regimental distinctions. Afaik the only thing he changes is his capbadge.

Up yours Jock ;)

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

See General M above your post.

6. Luvvly debate on the POD.
    john
    but no matter what we decide he'll still wear his Cherry Barry.

7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I'm sure he was wearing a No1 dress hat at the Cenotaph. Given that most of our Regiments are being destroyed on his watch its a bit of chuztpah if he continues to adopt regimental styles which he is not entitled to.

8. Yep, he was wearing a No1 Dress Hat on 11 November.

9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Yup.....he's also the guy who when he was at HQ LAND got so fed up of sitting down in meetings with people wearing grey, black,blue or green pullovers with trousers every shade from cherry red to lovat via lightweights and brogues that he spake thus unto his centurions:

" Right you lot, from now on ALL you barstewards will wear CS95 and boots black - like me! Got it ? "

- which is why, as my erstwhile One Star memorably put it, my military colleagues are obliged to turn to
    "dressed in the equivalent of jeans and T-shirt "
    :lol:

10. sorry for the wind up. Yes he does have a no 1 dress hat of course but he only wears it when he wears ceremonial kit. He is entitled to wear his para uniforms for all other occasions but he will sport the badge of the general staff.