Where is he now? 10th Anniversary of the Baron of Castleshort

Mike Barton

War Hero
You do realise that QSOH is probably less realistic than Emmerdale?
That's interesting. I didn't realise that, it did seem to be a genuine account (with a few embllishments of course but what old soldier hasn't spiced up the odd story?).

Is it actually QSOH you are referring to or the McAuslan stories?

morsk

LE
Only 7 people on here have actually served, and 4 of those do not actually give a feck :)
Yeah, exactly. If it got the bloke a quick peel and polish off some mucky little Chiquita, fair play to him. Thats what I used my service (well, both services I suppose) for. As long as he gets his round in and doesn't pretend to be anywhere when I was, good luck to him.

Three of the funniest threads ever seen on arrse centered on Baron Castleshort, Caubeen & Frank Swann respectively. I often wonder what became of the latter pair.

He's back folks! This time the lucky Australians have his company!
Senior Instructor - James Shortt
I don't think they are based anywhere down here . Notice how it says "IBA South Pacific" rather than "IBA Australia" and very little to no information as to where the training is held. The only reference to Australia is a PO Box in Queensland (PO boxes tend to be part of Jimbos modus operandi). Buggered if I know how he's going to train people in the Bodyguard Ski Course up there.

He's probably sitting on an abandoned island out in the South Pacific acting like a tin pot dictator after being rendered homeless after his castle burnt down. I think he's aware of the ongoing ARRSE interest in him as shown by the following entry in this rather badly built website.

EDIT: Hahaha, it seems that the website has been inundated (probably due to it being posted here) and it's maxed out its bandwidth. Anyone want to throw in a few sheckels to Shorty so he can upgrade his web package? Didn't think so.

Last edited:

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I think he models himself on Hannibal of the A team
1576450139571.png

the fat git

1576450172411.png

1576450203055.png

here he is with a few of cutaways relatives
1576450574423.png

Food and Alcohol seems to feature highly on his images
for one of THEM !! his persec is shite
1576450760446.png

Square feckin plates!!!!!

Spends all those years single handedly bringing the Cold War to an end, now he gets around dressing up like a Soviet general.

Oh well, if they even remake Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2, they know where to go to find a replacement for Alexander Romanov.

View attachment 437265
Thats a smart chap.

Good find, those photographs.

Dressing up for PR pics, surrounded by gullible fools does seem to play a recurring theme in his modus operandi.

And he seems to keep on getting away with his fantasy world existence.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Good find, those photographs.

Dressing up for PR pics, surrounded by gullible fools does seem to play a recurring theme in his modus operandi.

And he seems to keep on getting away with his fantasy world existence.
I just typed his name into facebook
bloody pages of the shite

Latest Threads