Where is he now? 10th Anniversary of the Baron of Castleshort

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Reading through the Walter Mitty Hunters Club, I am struck by how much effort some of these wannabes put into it. Befriending genuine Marines or Paras on Facebook so that they may refer to it later. They'll buy certificates, uniforms, fake medals - the whole nine yards.

What is it that drives these sad, sad men to these extremes?

Reading through the Walter Mitty Hunters Club, I am struck by how much effort some of these wannabes put into it. Befriending genuine Marines or Paras on Facebook so that they may refer to it later. They'll buy certificates, uniforms, fake medals - the whole nine yards.

I have often wondered the same as we have much the same stolen valor walting over here. If half of the self-professed former Delta, Ranger, SEAL, Marine Recon/Sniper etc. really existed we would have half the US population as vets as opposed to the actual approximately 7 % who have served and of that fewer than 1% in "elite" forces.

Last edited:
It's no different to the people on Arrse claiming to be University Professors, and MMA experts when they're more likely to be trolling from the basement of their parents house before Timmy gets told it's time for bedtime

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
It's no different to the people on Arrse claiming to be University Professors, and MMA experts when they're more likely to be trolling from the basement of their parents house before Timmy gets told it's time for bedtime
I suppose, but I guess the difference is that on ARRSE, it's not innocent civvies being taken advantage of. Oh wait, what am I saying?

Okay, I mean, it's not like walts use ARRSE to con other people out of their savings for non-existent boat trips or....oh damn.

As you were.

If anyone did come on here, they would have to be really good for about 5 post, then you would have them ,

I have often wondered the same as we have much the same stolen valor walting over here. If half of the self-professed former Delta, Ranger, SEAL, Marine Recon/Sniper etc. really existed we would have half the US population as vets as opposed to the actual approximately 7 % who have served and of that fewer than 1% in "elite" forces.
What do you estimate the number of people on the balcony is in the U.K.?

TamH70

MIA
What do you estimate the number of people on the balcony is in the U.K.?
Well, I know I wasn't on the balcony, that's for sure. I was home in my short trousers as a schoolboy watching the news on t'telly.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
He's got a boozer now:
IMG_1183.JPG

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
You might appreciate this. A mate told me how, after I left, we sent a close Recce (Recon) troop to join the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards battle group in the Balkans. Scots DG wear grey berets (because they're descended from the Royal Scots Greys). 15th/19th Hussars wore blue. In a mixed mess, an American guy asked who these strange people were, with an even less understandable accent than the Scots?

"They're our reconnaissance troop." Thereafter, every time the 15/19H passed by, the Americans clapped and cheered.

The jocks didn't have the heart to tell the Americans that in our army, reconnaissance is a cavalry task, not SF.

Edit. The story came up on the regimental Facebook page. I had to explain to our lad why they were clapping and cheering. He was just bemused.

Last edited:

Perhaps Henry V's St Crispin's Day speech on the eve of the Battle of Agincourt explains ?

And gentlemen in England now a-bed

Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

ugly

LE
Perhaps Henry V's St Crispin's Day speech on the eve of the Battle of Agincourt explains ?

And gentlemen in England now a-bed

Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
GMF reckoned Shakespeare had served or rather he wrote that his pln Sgt was convinced of it in quartered safe out here

endure

GCM

Has my webcam been hacked?

Tool

LE
Not sure. You can get that sort of look in an image if you over-sharpen it in Photoshop*

*Inferior software is also available...
Taking another look at it, it appears that the Baron or his acolyte/s have attempted to make the Baron appear younger by smoothing his hands and forehead, and tried sharpening the rest of the image.

If anyone did come on here, they would have to be really good for about 5 post, then you would have them ,
Redshift made it almost ten years on here before his backstory fell apart, guess his Marine core training failed him in the long run.......

Latest Threads