Where is he now? 10th Anniversary of the Baron of Castleshort

Castle Cosey was probably a mid terrace council house.
It looks like it was a modest extended Edwardian-era bungalow. Not a Castle, maybe a castle walt.
I must confess to having emitted a small snigger about the Fire Brigade finding the collection of apparently inert ordnance and promptly withdrawing until the EOD people and/or the uncontrolled fire had confirmed it contained no explosives.

I was reminded of the one good quote in The Last Castle (a crap film otherwise); "Any man with a collection like this is a man who's never set foot on a battlefield. To him a Minié ball from Shiloh is just an artifact, but to a combat vet, it's a hunk of metal that caused some poor bastard a world of pain."

Last edited:
The BS continues at IBA South Pacific:

Senior Instructor - James Shortt

It seems he was a guest lecturer at the Royal Military Academy (Woolwich). He must be older than he looks because it closed in 1939.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The BS continues at IBA South Pacific:

Senior Instructor - James Shortt

It seems he was a guest lecturer at the Royal Military Academy (Woolwich). He must be older than he looks because it closed in 1939.
I also note the following from Jimbo's list of awards,
Hungary Republic: Vitez Rend (Order of Valiant) 1956 rising commemorative medal
As Jimbo was born in 1953, he obviously played a highly active part in the rebellion.

(I would post the full list of Jimbo's awards in Gas Gas Gas's links, but I doubt the ARRSE server has the capacity to hold it).

Wordsmith

Hmm, 'Palmers': is that polite code for '*******'?
Going by the adverts on either side of their name-plate, I'd say that's where he gets a lot of his staff from.

Scruffy bugger in his working dress eh...

David was also the first member in Australia awarded the CIBG (Certified International Bodyguard) status by the IBA Director-General James Shortt in 2009
IMG_0720.PNG

Last edited:
Wow, this thread is back to life, apparently.

Thank you to all those who commented my previous posts.

Our research is getting further and further.

For decade(s) IBA Baltic in Latvia was the main facility and instructors provider for IBA courses, and then, suddenly, - nothing on the Net. Literally nothing. The FB page is dead. The website has totally disappeared. Well, let's guess, - is there any connection with what is described in these articles?

https://www.thesun.ie/…/irelands-soviet-trained-tiger-kidn…/
https://www.thesun.ie/…/irelands-most-prolific-tiger-kidnap…

What is hilarious - the Fearless Leader's reaction. He complains that there was no mentioning about him and IBA in the article!, while he should be grateful for not being investigated himself.

trained in latvia.JPG

Could anybody tell me what happened to IBA Baltic, run by colonel Aleksis Konoshonoks?

Attachments

So what you’re saying is, that Russia’s annexation of Crimea is likely down to Jim Shortt’s security advice (or lack thereof) to your government?

If true, and walting aside - this fücker’s better than Flashman!
Well, the credit for the Crimea annexation is not going to Jimbo, but in this article there is a couple of some interesting facts.