Where is he now? 10th Anniversary of the Baron of Castleshort

We may jest, but Gym Shortts did slither in to reviewing Cabinet Office security about 11 years ago and was seen, preposterously dressed & carrying a knobkerry, entering the Cabinet Office on Whitehall. Strangely, this managed to get its way into Private Eye, and he and his mate (Robin Weir?) were sacked. It is a mark of his dangerous Waltery that he could be invited there - and evidence of systemic security concerns that he was. Separately, I raised this with my MP at the time, expressing concerns that a fantacist managed to get in to such a secure location (be assured, the Cabinet Office is an extremely sensitive location). But given the number of MPs there, I suppose no one noticed.

Last edited:
Noticed this picture from the gallery 'Russian Ball London' looks like the old walt has wormed his way in with Russian Aristos and expats in London. Could be a bit dodgey trying to lecture them on security, upset some oligarch gangster and he could get a squirt of the Salisbury stuff up his hooter?

Is he about to smite the cork from the bottle? I thought that's what a Sommellier was for.

He looks more like he should belong in "What we do in the shadows"
[THREAD DRIFT/]A brilliant film. A New Zealand diplomat mate of mine had a showing of 'WWDITS' in a Middle Eastern location, assured by the LE staff that it would be well-received by the Westernised cognoscenti of that habitue. The Western diplomats who attended the premier just about wet themselves watching it; the locals, in spite of being warned of the contents and that it didn't really depict life in Wellington, sat there stoney-faced and left without staying for the vol-au-vents and cherry juice [/THREAD DRIFT]

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Is he about to smite the cork from the bottle? I thought that's what a Sommellier was for.
They all seem to be queuing up to give the lad with the microphone a good rodding.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
He looks more like he should belong in "What we do in the shadows"
I watched that film 3 times on a long haul flight and it got funnier with each showing. Absolutely brilliant spoof from the writers behind Flight of the Conchords.

We may jest, but Gym Shortts did slither in to reviewing Cabinet Office security about 11 years ago and was seen, preposterously dressed & carrying a knobkerry, entering the Cabinet Office on Whitehall. Strangely, this managed to get its way into Private Eye, and he and his mate (Robin Weir?) were sacked. It is a mark of his dangerous Waltery that he could be invited there - and evidence of systemic security concerns that he was. Separately, I raised this with my MP at the time, expressing concerns that a fantacist managed to get in to such a secret location (be assured, the Cabinet Office is an extremely sensitive location). But given the number of MPs there, I suppose no one noticed.
fecking grass!

Not sure whether that semicolon was warranted or not...

Somebody check please.

It has just struck me that it is virtually 10 years to the day that James Gerard Richard Shortt , Baron of Castleshort (aka Gym Shorts), Director General of the International Bodyguard Association decided that he didn't like various members of ARRSE taking the piss about is Waltery. That opened the flood gates of investigations and revelations of his actual military service.

Thanks to the time and effort of many here, it is interesting to see that a Google search for "The Baron of Castleshort" results in his Arrse wiki entry at the top. Hopefully as a warning to any potential customers. However, the IBA website carries a 2017 interview (Interview with the Director General) with the great man "bigs up" the IBA and is scathing about the SIA. So it is no surprise that he is not on the SIA's Register.
Personally I think the humour has worn thin, fair play to the bloke for making money for being a walting twat, he has certainly knocked off well enough to get into a government position with top secret vetting at one point, that certainly deserves some credit to his skills!

Hello to all from Ukraine. These days infamous Jimbo spends plenty of time here running his courses. Thanks to globalization and Internet the information about his life-long "achievements" finally came to attention of concerned Ukrainians. Jimbo, apparently, - is quite skillful to get into Ukrainian government organizations, including military and police. Real shame it is. But we are going to do whatever we can to fix this situation.
We would really appreciate any help with obtaining some information on Jimbo and IBA/ ILETA.
- Does he or/and IBA/ ILETA have a license to run Close Protection business in the UK, Ireland and perhaps in the US?
- Does he or/and IBA/ILETA have licenses to run CP courses in the UK, Ireland and the US?
- Where it is possible to check if any business is registered to Jimbo's name or any of his relatives in the UK and Ireland?
- What about taxes?
Any information, any hints are welcomed.

Hello to all from Ukraine. These days infamous Jimbo spends plenty of time here running his courses. Thanks to globalization and Internet the information about his life-long "achievements" finally came to attention of concerned Ukrainians. Jimbo, apparently, - is quite skillful to get into Ukrainian government organizations, including military and police. Real shame it is. But we are going to do whatever we can to fix this situation.
We would really appreciate any help with obtaining some information on Jimbo and IBA/ ILETA.
- Does he or/and IBA/ ILETA have a license to run Close Protection business in the UK, Ireland and perhaps in the US?
- Does he or/and IBA/ILETA have licenses to run CP courses in the UK, Ireland and the US?
- Where it is possible to check if any business is registered to Jimbo's name or any of his relatives in the UK and Ireland?
- What about taxes?
Any information, any hints are welcomed.
This may help you.
https://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/The_Baron_of_Castleshort