Where is he now? 10th Anniversary of the Baron of Castleshort

It has just struck me that it is virtually 10 years to the day that James Gerard Richard Shortt , Baron of Castleshort (aka Gym Shorts), Director General of the International Bodyguard Association decided that he didn't like various members of ARRSE taking the piss about is Waltery. That opened the flood gates of investigations and revelations of his actual military service.

Thanks to the time and effort of many here, it is interesting to see that a Google search for "The Baron of Castleshort" results in his Arrse wiki entry at the top. Hopefully as a warning to any potential customers. However, the IBA website carries a 2017 interview (Interview with the Director General) with the great man "bigs up" the IBA and is scathing about the SIA. So it is no surprise that he is not on the SIA's Register.

Only 7 people on here have actually served, and 4 of those do not actually give a feck :)

... and is scathing about the SIA.
To be utterly fair, you should hear me when I start talking about the SIA. I believe it's just a ******* con, designed to stealth tax a large non-union group of minimum wage earners (or very close to it). It serves no purpose other to take money out of workers pockets.

This also goes for every security guard I know, on here and in real life.

Only 7 people on here have actually served, and 4 of those do not actually give a feck :)
While its military relevance - or almost total lack thereof may have been of little real interest - the "star" of the thread (there were two IIR) and his denouement by members of Arrse provided a fascinating insight into internet scams and scammers and the process of exposing them.

Last edited:
Noticed this picture from the gallery 'Russian Ball London' looks like the old walt has wormed his way in with Russian Aristos and expats in London. Could be a bit dodgey trying to lecture them on security, upset some oligarch gangster and he could get a squirt of the Salisbury stuff up his hooter?

But he is still offering courses to the unwary and misinformed by the looks of things.

Noticed this picture from the gallery 'Russian Ball London' looks like the old walt has wormed his way in with Russian Aristos and expats in London. Could be a bit dodgey trying to lecture them on security, upset some oligarch gangster and he could get a squirt of the Salisbury stuff up his hooter?

Most of his work seems to be from the 'east' so it is no surprise he has managed to slither in.

Inspired and a most interesting thread from the OP. As a newbie to our Jim - sorry, The Baron of Castleshort - his Arrsepedia pages are fascinating and amusing. Just two questions: did his outlandish claims ever get into the Guinness Book of Records; and like the OP says, whatever happened to the walting fantasist?

I checked out the address, just to see what their HQ looks like. A 'suite' may not fit into the premises.
Interesting reading. Shame the outfit is still in business.

Untitled.jpg

He was much too dodgy to get into Griffindor..........

I followed the Shortt thread from the beginning, and it was hilarious to see all the contributions gradually rip apart his lies and bullshit.
D'you know as I typed in 'slither in' Harry Potter popped into my head and I wondered who would pick it up.

I met him at a security exhibition where he was on a stand, with a couple of his mates - 1984 - 85'ish, Knightsbridge. Wearing a windproof, couple of tan berets tucked in the corner. Spouting crap, it was immediately obvious he may have been in the TA for a while but, nothing serious.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Jimbo is a totemic figure in the ARRSE culture, like Lucy Lawless. And terminally stupid posters like Baglock and that pointless lobster thing.

Is that Rowan Atkinson there on the left in the penguin suit?