Where is 10 Landing Craft training Sqn RM?

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by northern-matelot, Oct 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where 10 Landing Craft Training Squadron is?
    I've been pencilled in to a draft with them for next year, but looking online some sources say it's in Poole, others say it's Devonport and others say it's Poole but planning to move to Devonport next year.

2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I think, but don't know for sure, that its all going to Devonport as Babcock have the support contracts for all the amphib capability. They're building a new facility at the north end of the yard up by what I used to know as frigate alley to keep and maintain the LC's. If you're working there get a bike.

3. By next year, as Bouillabaisse says, they'll have moved to Devonport.

4. Least frigate ally isn't too far away from the barracks, although I was looking forward to getting away from Guzz and finally getiing somewhere new! =/

5. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

The Sqn is moving to the very nice new facility in what was Frigate Alley but now very much Amphib Alley.

The new training school on what was the FOST helo pad and the end of Weston Mill will have a Landing Craft marina with pontoons etc.

6. Will Poole be empty then ?

7. Bouillabaisse

I was down there a few weeks ago. Why the hell Babcock didn't build a multi-story car park as part of their new Amphib COM building there I do not understand.

8. I'm confused. Is it in a pool in Devonport or a port in Poole that's in Devon.

9. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Royal can part in South Yard and yomp to work.

10. No, it's very full, hence the move to Guzz.

11. Bouillabaisse

I'm more concerned about the fat knacker contractors like me that have to walk in from the main gate. Particularly as my safety boots aren't very comfortable

12. H3

H3 LE

Surely PERSEC should include camps / Bases .... Just a thought !!

13. H3

H3 LE

Why not then ....

14. I take it you have never seen the fully detailed maps of HMNB Devonport that are freely available on google (I believe google maps / earth has a 3D model of HMNB Portsmouth)? Or heard about the cruises civies can make up the Hamoaze / Tamar while on the piss?
    Hell at HMS Seahawk you can actually get on a coach any day of the week and have a guided tour of the place!
    Trust us- nothing new has been released here.