Where has all the fun gone

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by imrep, Jul 31, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody have any idea as to who has stolen all the fun from soldiering.

I think it went misssing about 7 or 8 years ago.

Give it back you bastards.
  2. Agreed...it all went to rats when they brought out that new flux paste....you don't get so many duff welds now....

3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

It went AWOL about 13 years ago after GW1, no more Fridays in the bar after a log run. No more free Adv Trg. Influx of women who stopped 3/4 of blokes drinking properly (well until collapse!) because they married them.
  4. The rot started when NI became a routine. That and the points at which being a poofter became respectable, and you were allowed to shoot at an enemy but offending his feelings was punishable as a hate crime.
  5. I pin it down to about 1994 when all the coy/sqn/bty bars in Germany were shut and they started clamping down on alcohol fueled high jinks-not the really nasty stuff, but the sort of thing that used to be dealt with by the ROS "helping" you back to bed-it all got too serious. I even remember SSMs who would let you off if your "japes" were original enough-that's how I got away with falling of a fishmonger's in Holland
  6. There's fun to be had in the services, you just got to know where to go.

Come on over to Woolich the the beers (opps) cold & the women are hot.

Did I mention, when I was in that hell hole in the Gulf my so called better half shagged around, picked up a dose & tried to blame me.

So in return Bdr **** ***** 16 Regt has a 3in cock & lasts less than 3 mins.

Anyway Im single now & there's fun to be had in Woolich :twisted:

Pictures supplied on request.
  7. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

Oh hell hath no fury........................

At least he was having fun in the Army!

Go on send us a pic :twisted:
  8. Why are the bears cold in woolwich? Although cold the climate in Woolwich is surely warmer than their native Alaska. Perhaps it is something to do with their diet?
  9. The bear on the first floor landing in the mess at Woolwich is very cold - it's dead.

Well done GG best laugh I've had in years. Are the photos of you in your webbing or your ex's three incher. I think we should be told.

The fun went out of the Army for me in 1980 but I've stayed around hoping that I'll find it again.
  10. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Speaking of the fun leaving the Army -

I'm sorry about your wife Green Goddess but no more names please.
  11. It went shiite after the redundancies of the early 90's. All the characters left. Suddenly the MoD realised the forces were undermanned, and since then, it never recovered.

Plus letting civvies run the messes, good locations around UK and Germany getting closed down and crap pay rises.

12. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Only if you head west 3 miles past Maze Hill and into Greenwich/Cutty Sark. Don't miss the stop though as you could end up in Deptford, and that's a dump!
  13. the fun went out the Army, when they put games consoles on the market, no more finish work, changed and down town - got to rush and finish the next level back in the block,MQ etc.

or was it option for change phase 1 circa late 1980's, probably about the same time, can't remember at my age :cry:
  14. Both. :twisted: :twisted:
  15. How do we know that it wasn't you who gave your ex the dose? After all, we've only your word for it that you didn't. And you have become quite spiteful since he gave you the 'Spanish Archer', haven't you? So when you post your photos...........can you show evidence of having visited to doctor as well. In fact, Pox Dr might be able to give you a clean bill of health if you PM him.

Just a thought, but you can't be to careful nowadays can you? 8)