Where Eagles Darent

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Harry_Boomers, Aug 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me why a Bell 47 Helicopter appears in the film ‘ Where Eagles Dare ‘ ? The whole sequence seems pointless and ruins the film. Im right in thinking that no Helicopter design was ever produced during the war? ....... and also ( ranting now ) How may sticks of blerdy TNT can you get in a small daysack.Clint & Ritchie seem to have a never ending supply. Rant over.
  2. I think you're right Harry, but its still a cracking film and has always been one of my favourites.

"Broadsword calling Danny-boy" classic! :D
  3. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

The US military were actively flying helicopters in early 1945 but with limited range and payload.
  4. How about Clint's apparent ability to hit anyone he feels like with an MP40 despite no apparent aiming or use of the sights and stock? Surely an MG42 would have been abetter thing for the back of the bus anyway.
  5. The Germans I believe did use helicopters very late in the war in small quanties and limited capabilities
    Used mainly in the medi-vac type role from what I remember.
    As for the never ending bag of TNT I would agree its a tad unlikely :lol:
  6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

7. You will be critising Star Trek next for being unrealistic.

It's fiction! It's Holloywood!
  8. The two handed MP40 shootout is classic Clint. Classic film !
  9. the German had a helicopter the FW61 built in 1936
  10. Do they come in other colours then?
  11. It was all true a bloke I met down the pub was there.
  12. Was it Dicky "Dai" Burton look you?
  13. I don't think its boring at all, flying an untried bit of kit in a war zone and making it up as you go! First ever casvac by chopper too! And under fire!
  14. ah shut it its a great film, they dont make em like that anymore.

Although i fell asleep after half an hour last night
  15. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

Never mind the Heli, what about the accents? No wonder they suceeded in their mission, when the Bosch were even talking English to them in the Kneiper!