• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Where Eagles Darent

Can anyone tell me why a Bell 47 Helicopter appears in the film ‘ Where Eagles Dare ‘ ? The whole sequence seems pointless and ruins the film. Im right in thinking that no Helicopter design was ever produced during the war? ....... and also ( ranting now ) How may sticks of blerdy TNT can you get in a small daysack.Clint & Ritchie seem to have a never ending supply. Rant over.

How about Clint's apparent ability to hit anyone he feels like with an MP40 despite no apparent aiming or use of the sights and stock? Surely an MG42 would have been abetter thing for the back of the bus anyway.

The Germans I believe did use helicopters very late in the war in small quanties and limited capabilities
Used mainly in the medi-vac type role from what I remember.
As for the never ending bag of TNT I would agree its a tad unlikely :lol:

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Never mind the Heli, what about the accents? No wonder they suceeded in their mission, when the Bosch were even talking English to them in the Kneiper!

Very sad I know but most countries had operational helicopters/autogyros by 1944. Italians had them 1943. Although all were very limited as they were prone to many mechanical faults.
In fact Hanna Reitsch flew one inside a large exhibition halle in Berlin before WWII broke out.
America even experimented with them from subs in the Pacific

Latest Threads