Where Eagles Dare - channel 5 8pm

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by maguire, May 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

this and a curry - thats the evening sorted then.
  2. Which reminds me, where is Dannyboy these days?
  3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

he's listening out for Broadsword. *nose-pointy*
  4. Was a helicopter used in this film?
  5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

they had a Bell 47 (I believe) sat in the courtyard of the castle dressed up to look like a Luft 46 ish type machine, but I think it just sat there as set dressing.

I stand to be corrected however.
  6. Let's watch it and see - I am sure it was used in the rescue.
  7. The heli flies some Kraut top brass into the castle.
  8. It was seen at the start carrying Gen. Rosemeyer, the body count for the film is 100.
  9. Watching here in the Balkans, a classic film... didn't we have an entire thread dedicated to the helicopter in the film?! :?
  10. On here in Canada too! Don't remember the helicopter being used in the rescue, but I stand to be corrected.
  11. 'Where Eagles Dare' when there's 'Britains Without Talent' on!!??!??!?

No contest!
  12. In 1946, Arthur Young of the Bell Aircraft company, designed the Bell Model 47 helicopter, the first helicopter to have a full bubble canopy.
  13. The war in Europe ended in 1945.
  14. Something about this film that has a strange amnesia effect on me at the beginning, as I find myself questioning Richard Burtons allegiance.

I always seem to remember whats going on around about the time they have a sit down with the General at the Schloss Adler. Strange, but happens every single time!