Where do you hide your beer?

JackSofty

War Hero
I don't have to hide the beer but I keep a bottle of rum and a bottle of Scotch (sometimes gin too) under the bath that are for my own consumption without her ladyship arching either eyebrow.
It keeps things simple.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Chef

LE
Old Ronnie Biggs has got **** all on you has he?

No need to "smuggle" in 7 litres mate, you can bring 110 without the man bringing you down!

Give us a shout when your next job is on, me and Big Vern will bring the shooters!
Ahem nowhere does he say he was smuggling it. Just that he could hide 14 cans around the wagon.

France to Blighty is a long , thirsty run.

Ahem nowhere does he say he was smuggling it. Just that he could hide 14 cans around the wagon.

France to Blighty is a long , thirsty run.
I used to own a Renault Modus - I could hide 14 half litre cans of Lidl strong lager around the various cubby holes coming back from France. It's the only thing I regret having sold it, it was a lousy car to drive.

You have a valid argument. Having re-read the post, maybe that's why the Modus was a lousy drive?

14 pints of strong lager is not conducive with driving according to the highway code.

Where do you hide your beer?

1590760618496.png

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Can you kindly advise of your set up and cost for your home brew? Is that your brew in the keg?
10 gallon Burco boiler rescued from a QM's skip almost 20 years ago. Free 5 gallon hot lauter tun from freecycle. I treated myself to a posh Igloo mash tun a few years ago (£90). The keg and fittings cost £70.

Ingredients and other costs for 8 or 9 gallons from the grain (say 70 pints) add up to about £15.

The wood is an old drawer from a kitchen at Upavon and I made the shelving..

The 2 boxes contain enough grain for about 80 gallons.

I don't hide my beer, it lives in my drinks fridge in the basement bar/entertainment area.

Alcoholics hide their beer.

Mufulira

Old-Salt
Any other place for such things?
Absolutely, in your golf club bag -- when you consider all the logistics in this particular sport and discover why you only really require 3 clubs total, making space for aim-improving liquids and why so many of us duffers now merely refer to the sport as "Whack! - Fuck!"

Niamac

GCM
One of the Warrant Officers was in BMH Rinteln and as OO on one day of the week it was duty to visit all our sick. Just before I set out another member of the Sergeants' Mess buttonholed me and gave me, carefully, a fairly heavy holdall for said WO. He enjoined me to carry it very carefully when in the hospital. This I did and instinctively avoided the various flinty-eyed Ward Sisters. When I reached his bed I slipped it into his locker with just the slightest clink. He beamed and my status with the Sergeants Mess went up a couple of notches.

I used to own a Renault Modus - I could hide 14 half litre cans of Lidl strong lager around the various cubby holes coming back from France. It's the only thing I regret having sold it, it was a lousy car to drive.

You have a valid argument. Having re-read the post, maybe that's why the Modus was a lousy drive?

14 pints of strong lager is not conducive with driving according to the highway code.
The Modus was an absolute dog to drive, with no 'get out of trouble fast' kick to the accelerator - if you put your foot down, all you did was use more fuel! The distribution of the beer is more to do with my wife's favourite expression of 'do you really need to take all that beer'? Lidl & Aldi in France sell a very palatable 7.8% beer that you cannot get over here, so I tend to bring back as much as I can, as well as several 5 litre wine boxes. Anyway, French drink/drive laws are stricter than UK (not that I've ever seen the Gendarmes pull someone over for it) and we go to France quite often and don't want to p!ss them off. In any case, if I want a beer, as I live not far from Newhaven Port, when I get to Dieppe I am near enough home so can have a couple of beers on the ferry. DFDS have Afligem on tap which is one of my favourite beers.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
10 gallon Burco boiler rescued from a QM's skip almost 20 years ago. Free 5 gallon hot lauter tun from freecycle. I treated myself to a posh Igloo mash tun a few years ago (£90). The keg and fittings cost £70.

Ingredients and other costs for 8 or 9 gallons from the grain (say 70 pints) add up to about £15.

The wood is an old drawer from a kitchen at Upavon and I made the shelving..

The 2 boxes contain enough grain for about 80 gallons.
Cheers for that B_L. Once I can move on from current transit camp to my own house I'll be investing in a set up. If you know of any sites to look at (not grumble) I'd be verily grateful for any pointers. Thanks.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Cheers for that B_L. Once I can move on from current transit camp to my own house I'll be investing in a set up. If you know of any sites to look at (not grumble) I'd be verily grateful for any pointers. Thanks.
Jim's Beer kit is good:

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer

Latest Threads