Where do leaving soldiers medical records go?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by CrowdedNamespace, Jul 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all.

I left the TA about a year ago, and now I'm trying to trace down my medical records. Would anyone be able to advise me what typically happens to meddocs once a bod has left? Are they kept at unit / RTMC or sent of to Glasgow?

Also, do the nice people at Glasgow accept external enquiries, or do they only expect to be contacted by unit admin staff?

Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. Spot on. Thank-you.
  3. Ring up and check.

Their was plans to make them accessible from any DII terminal (with suitable login) in PDF form, might not have been completed yet.
  4. Dunno, if you find out, let me know please as they lost mine and never found them.
  5. Allegedly they'd lost mine too when I enquired about them a little while after leaving - until I got called up for Telic and they magically appeared again. Funny that.
  6. They should get sent direct to the DHC (Document Handling Centre) at APC along with your P-File etc
  7. Ex Regular & TA - They are stored with your Army Records at APC Glasgow under your Service Number - Simples

Application Form

I received copies of all my Army Records as well as Med Docs a few years back with a large amount of black pen editing out of other peoples names, and a few references etc, but my Med Docs were intact as far as I could see.
  8. Be prepared for gaps.. some places may have gone paperless and the receiving unit may not be ok with the IT system
  9. They should be on the N3 database, just ask BT for them.
  10. Write to:

Mail Point 515
    Army Personnel Centre
    Kentigern House
    65 Brown Street
    G2 8EX

Enclose a photocopy of your ID (passport, driving licence etc.)
  11. Yeah right.... NHS ain't ready for them