Where do I find a cheap SMLE magazine?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Tartan_Terrier, Jul 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As per the thread title, I'm on the lookout for a magazine to fit a No.1 Mk.III. Does anyone here have any recommendations as to where I can buy one for a reasonable price?

Cheers
    T_T

2. Helston gunsmiths.

D&B militaria.

Plenty of them out there.

What there is not plenty of is 7.62 Enfield Mags. Anyone got a slack handful for me?

3. Cheers for the reply, but neither of them seem to have them on their websites. I have however found one at The Gunner Index Page , but thought 36.50 was a bit excessive.

Any more suggestions?

4. This is not going to be of much use but there are some Australian dealers who are good. Problem is that I don't have a link on this computer. I'll check at work and see if I can help you. Problem may be however that it classes as part of a firearm and therefore subject to arms export restrictions. I got a new butt for my SMLE and a bayonet a few years ago and they arrived within a few days of placing an order.

This said have you tried the armourer at Bisley; he usually has a few Enfield bits. Contact is on the NSC/NRA web site.

5. I've got a spare one you can have. PM me

Edit: Sorry, I meant to say PM on its way!

6. Thanks for the help guys! PM's replied to.

Cheers
    T_T

7. Looks like you are sorted but herewith the link to Lawrence Ordnance in Australia. Doesn't look like they have any No 1 mags at the moment but they are a useful source of some Enfield parts and as I said are quick getting stuff to the UK.

8. On a similar subject, does anyone know the best (cheapest) source for a No4 Magazine?