Where do I find a cheap SMLE magazine?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Tartan_Terrier, Jul 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As per the thread title, I'm on the lookout for a magazine to fit a No.1 Mk.III. Does anyone here have any recommendations as to where I can buy one for a reasonable price?

2. Helston gunsmiths.

D&B militaria.

Plenty of them out there.

What there is not plenty of is 7.62 Enfield Mags. Anyone got a slack handful for me?
  3. Cheers for the reply, but neither of them seem to have them on their websites. I have however found one at The Gunner Index Page , but thought 36.50 was a bit excessive.

Any more suggestions?
  4. This is not going to be of much use but there are some Australian dealers who are good. Problem is that I don't have a link on this computer. I'll check at work and see if I can help you. Problem may be however that it classes as part of a firearm and therefore subject to arms export restrictions. I got a new butt for my SMLE and a bayonet a few years ago and they arrived within a few days of placing an order.

This said have you tried the armourer at Bisley; he usually has a few Enfield bits. Contact is on the NSC/NRA web site.
  5. I've got a spare one you can have. PM me

Edit: Sorry, I meant to say PM on its way!
  6. Thanks for the help guys! PM's replied to.

7. Looks like you are sorted but herewith the link to Lawrence Ordnance in Australia. Doesn't look like they have any No 1 mags at the moment but they are a useful source of some Enfield parts and as I said are quick getting stuff to the UK.
  8. On a similar subject, does anyone know the best (cheapest) source for a No4 Magazine?