Where did my thread go?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by RU99, Oct 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know what happened to my thread in Regular Soldier Recruiting?
  2. If it's gone it was shite and binned.
  3. Have you checked down the back of the sofa?

Without a topic name its hard to guess what or where your thread is. I suggest you either contact an admin from the RSR thread to see if they have done anything to it. Or go into your account and click on the box that says "all posts" which should give you a link to any posts you have made...
  4. Has anyone lost a thread? Only I found one this morning wandering aimlessly and have handed it in. It wasn't wearing a collar so I didn't know if anyone owned it.
  5. Cheers min!
  6. You could always just try the search function or look at your posts... *sigh*
  7. It was his post so not even that complicated boss.
  8. On the way into work this morning I hit a thread with my car.

The incident happened on a busy duel carriageway, with no houses along it. The thread ran out in front of a lorry in the inside lane which managed not to hit it, carried on into the outside lane where I hit it. I'd started braking and hit it into the central reservation. The thread was lying senseless (I've no idea if I killed it). Luckily the traffic behind me didn't all crash into each other as I braked.

Now, not thinking straight I carried on to the next junction where I pulled off and called a moderator (there was no hard shoulder on that stretch of road). They took my details, asked me whether the thread was dead (of which I have no idea), and said they would send someone to recover the thread. They said they would pm me if they needed to get hold of me.

Now in hindsight after getting my pulse down to a manageable level and after I'd stopped shaking (I've got a couple of threads myself), I realise I should have taken the thread in my car to a moderator at the time. But with it being a really busy duel carriageway (one of the main arteries into the city), I stupidly was more concerned about the traffic.

Am I liable for anything? Whether it's moderator fees if the thread wasn't dead (it wasn't interesting, so I don't know if it was dead or not), or leaving the scene of an accident? I left so I could pull over and call the police without causing a massive traffic jam (it was rush hour).

I'm already feeling really guilty about hitting the thread. Apart from the fact I love threads, it was as bone as one of my earlier efforts.
  9. Chuck it my way, I'll run it over for you.
    Bloody threads shouldn't be allowed to run around without a lead anyway.
  10. No this thread was running about in Aberdeen it was found safe and sound in the ARRSE Hole, K13eod did the one you hit have any disguising marked NSFW etc?
  11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I thought I had found a thread this morning, however it turned out to be a rogue pube. Rather painful whilst trying to pull it.
  12. Is this it??

13. Not having much luck are you mate?
  14. Right! That's it, Outside! [​IMG]