Where did it go wrong for you?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by chrisg46, Jan 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

As demonstrated by RFUK's recent post "Tony Blair - Read this.." opinion of our PM is at present not good...
    Was this always the case among the forces? When did the penny drop and you think "this guys a wnaker!"
    Was it the Iraq invasion and opening of a second front in AFG that did it? The burial of bad news? cutbacks in the forces? Spin?
    Or has he always been a giant steaming turd?
  2. With the first of his attacks on civil liberties
  3. He was still reasonably popular after Kosovo.
  4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I've always thought he was utterly, utterly useless. Now I just wish he was twins, so I could hate him twice as much.
  5. A mixture of civil liberties as per Sven, his lack of concern for environmental issues and, the icing on the turd, his lack of criticism of Israel's attack on Lebanon last summer.
  6. when he drew his first breathe.
  7. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

I probably started to really hate him when he started dismantling centuries of "What constitutes Britishness" ... fair play, honesty and his utter ignorance of what make the military machine tick are supplementary issues.

As a man with so few honest principles, we should all expect him to give the military a bad time. But to dismantle the Nation's institutions, top to bottom, as if he was running ARRSE island playing with people with no feelings ... that makes me vomit.

My country was England ... now funding the Scots and the Welsh. England has lost more than you will wish to read ... all for the sake of his "vision". I did not leave England [a very nice part of it, BTW] for tax reasons. I left because Bliar had fu**ed up England, the United Kingdom and the people, and I could bear no more. I bet Her Majesty will sleep easier when he's gone, because I'm damned sure she's on the list somewhere.

Bliar ... take yourself away to another country where your megalomania will fit in better. Bid to succeed Mugabe ... no, that country's been f***ed up already. USA, then? Run against Hilary as the other utterly insincere candidate? Or Cuba? There's a vacancy coming up for a guy with white teeth!
  8. The first time I heard the word 'Spin' and Alistair Campbell, when I heard of Feng Shui at 10 Downing Street, and Iraq, and funding, the WMD in 45 minutes, spin, Hutton, the IRA, Gays . . . etc, etc, etc.
  9. Disbanding 5th Airborne (rid of the Pegasus) was one of the first major things he did to the Forces that I think caused a lot of unrest and dislike amongst some!!
  10. Umm where to begin.......the suppresion of our history being taught in schools, the lack of control of our borders meaning we now have no idea who is entering our country , the massaging of asylum figures by just granting those here leave to remain even though some are war criminals from the Balkans/Rwanda/Afg or just plain spongers, the massive tax burden we now endure , the list just seems to go on & on
  11. Not in Serbia he wasn't. But then again, you could argue Serb opinion was unreasonable. I'd prefer this statement:

He was reasonably popular in Kosovo.

12. When he insisted on a live broadcast (on CNN at least) to make a speech on the death of King Hussein of Jordan, whereas former Presidents offices/political dignitaries(Kissinger, Thatcher, Kohl etc) who had dealt with Hussein over the years managed to express themselves with the traditional telegram/diplomatic message along with the White House, UN, Kremlin.....
    I went from total disinterest to wondering who this jumped up toe-rag actually was and hating him within 30 seconds of seeing him on the screen.
  13. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

I have to admit, i supported the Sierra Leone intervention whole heartedly. I was just irritated by allegations of mission creep from the tories and the like. I failed to see what was wrong with saving civilians from an utterly evil "force" such as the RUF/West Side boys.
  14. When I read the 1997 manifesto: Just read this and if you haven't worked yourself up into a screaming frenzy by the end of it you must be a Liebour member:

Here are the top ten pledges from 1997, followed by the full manifesto:
  15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I hope that was cut and paste, or get yourself down to the mo for rsi!