Where can I sell my uncle's Fairbairn Sykes knives.

I found one of the nickel plated W&S ones with knurled handle and square flat part with stamp at the top of the blade in a car boot sale, sold it to a military shop in London for a big wedge at the time.

Slime

LE
Question - the whole “knife between the teeth” pictures that one sees. How many ripped open faces were endured before Achnacarry decided it might not be the best idea?

Not to mention the metal against teeth/fillings sensation.

I think it would be safe to do with a brand new knife straight from the stores (I can only comment on the mk3) as they were pretty blunt.

But after a careful sharpening they can be sharp enough to ‘start’ and cleanly slice an edge of paper.

Slime

LE
My Macdonald Arms FS (for interest/comparison).

Is that their version of the 2nd pattern knife?
It looks like it was inspired by either the 2nd pattern or OSS stiletto knife.

Not to mention the metal against teeth/fillings sensation.

I think it would be safe to do with a brand new knife straight from the stores (I can only comment on the mk3) as they were pretty blunt.

But after a careful sharpening they can be sharp enough to ‘start’ and cleanly slice an edge of paper.
There's a short clip here which appears to be unstaged, of that being done by a Commando aboard ship, en route to the Vaasgo Raid. Always stuck in my head as it is something of a war film/training film trope. 1 min 12 secs here:

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Question - the whole “knife between the teeth” pictures that one sees. How many ripped open faces were endured before Achnacarry decided it might not be the best idea?

At the risk of destroying the romance, in reality, the knife was mostly used for cooking, though its most famous recent victim is Jo Cox.

DSJ

LE
Is that their version of the 2nd pattern knife?
It looks like it was inspired by either the 2nd pattern or OSS stiletto knife.
Yes indeed. A Macdonald Arms 2nd pattern.

Slime

LE

DSJ

LE
At the risk of destroying the romance, in reality, the knife was mostly used for cooking, though its most famous recent victim is Jo Cox.

I saw an interview with a D Day Para who said he swapped his for cigarettes!

This gent, on the other hand, seems fairly well-experienced in its intended use.

Slime

LE

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I saw an interview with a D Day Para who said he swapped his for cigarettes!

This gent, on the other hand, seems fairly well-experienced in its intended use.

I have one as my letter opener. It's beautifully weighted/balanced - Fairbairn and Sykes knew what they were doing when they designed the thing.

I've got a couple knocking about that I got off a stacker in the 80s, as they were still a scaled item apparently. I'll have to dig them out.

I have five fairbairn sykes knives from my uncle's loft. I have kept one with a wooden handle
but the others can be sold. Any ideas the best place or website to do this please?

I'll trade you my set of Pintleberry knives for them.