Where can I get Medal Ribbon?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by hurrahfortheRE, Nov 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Might have been done to death but I did a search and couldn't find the answer.

Where can I get rolls of medal ribbon, I'm going to give medal mounting a bash mainly because I'm threaders at paying 5 quid a medal everytime I get another?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Your local tailors for a limited period, he will rpobably think your going to under cut him. Google search it and you will be able to purchase it, be aware the ribbon can cost 60 - squid a roll!. Try to get a mucker in the QM's Dept to order the rolls for you, the army pays peanuts for it.
  3. messdress.com
  4. Thanks a lot, thats cool, I tried googling to no avail but messdress.com is good and I'll try to push it through the system first.

Thanks again
  5. try the local garrison tailor and ask where he gets it supplied from, in casual conversation, they may let you know if you are lucky.
  6. hurrahfortheRE,

Well i'm an RE who court mounts medals,Been doing it about 3 years now. I've mounted about 200 sets, so have learnt a thing or two.
    Where abouts are you based?
    If you want some info, tips or help please message me and i'll do my best.