Where can I get a Poncho?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by rgjbloke, Jun 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was out on an excavator machine yesterday which didn't have a cab and I got soaked. It occurred to me that a Poncho would be a handy garment to have in a situation like that. I can just sit there and it would cover me and the controls etc. I've been doing this for the last ten years plus and don't need to see the controls to see what I'm doing so if everything is covered up and dry, that's cool.

So, anybody know where I can get an old army poncho for reasonable money. Prices seem to vary. Silvermans are doing them for £45 and there's another firm called Patrol Base whom I've never heard of doing them for £16. Tips please anyone?
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  2. Google, then search british army poncho, anywhere from 13 quid to getting bent over and dry raped by silvermans' for 45 quid
  3. I mean, 45 quid for a bloody poncho?!! Jesus
  4. Amazon do a good variety of Poncho's, ranging from about £2 for a disposable one up to about £60, good selection around £15 though.
  5. RGJ Bloke.....I'll ask about here in the Shot for you, I'm sure someone will have a poncho knocking about somewhere. I was given one a while back but it's the new gucci camoflaged type one (pretty much like the Oz version) and you can't have that!
  6. Mexico?? .....
  7. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

I have a stock of them mate. £7 per poncho + £5 p&p (UK). PM your details mucker.
  8. Are you . . . ?

9. Funny old world. Thanks Jack Daniels and RP578 in particular for your posts. I mentioned to my son that I was going to get one and he said, "there's one in the loft Dad". Turns out he had a 58 patt one from his old Army Cadet days. He nipped up the ladder into the loft and 5 minutes later, I was in possession of the said poncho. Thanks again for the offers lads.
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  10. I've got a Swiss Army poncho, for walking the dogs in the rain (for which it's perfect) Weird camo pattern though: quite a high proportion of pillarbox red in it. Whatever, it's calf-length and completely waterproof. MY son's comment? "Dad, you look like a bell-end in that ridculous poncho". My reply: "Maybe so, son, but in ten minutes when we get home, I'll take it off and I'll be dry, and you'll still look like a sopping WET bell-end. I know which I prefer."
  11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

if it leaks then whisk up a solution of clear silicone and white spirit then paint it on, works a treat.