Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Where can I get a Northerner?

Ragnar said:
Its a truely hard life looking after 'Northerners', the black pudding lot are a handful - especially the educated ones, southerners a little easier but they want to strike all the time, the more southern ones have turned incest into a sport.
Ah, the local dregs, coming 3rd to Austria and the North Midlands at the Hide and Seek championships.

Actually found the show disgusting, it was bordering on racist with much of the 'fun' echoing humour of the 70's, e.g. black and white minstrels. I don't mind Northern stereotypes, such as 'Yorkshire Airlines' found on YouTube as they have an element of fun (like this thread) but this was totally insulting. BBC showed what it is - Southern Poofter Broadcasting Corporation. No wonder most of the UK wants independence.
I just really liked the way a Scot was included, guess that was to deflect blame of it being an 'English' aimed show.

man-up wet-pants

I bet you love touching trees and small boys

k13eod said:
I was thinking of an Orcadian (from Orkney) ... they seem a quite rugged breed and I am told are good around children?

As you well know, Orcs are easily distracted by shiney things, to the point of destructive behaviour, possibly being due to deprivation and inbreeding.

Sadly these traits are still prevalent in almost all 'North British' breeds, too.

dog_soldier said:
I bet you love touching trees and small boys

As I live in Leeds with our influx of Shandie drinking Southern poofters, I've learned to deal with such ideas, view, remarks...

but get out of LS1, we'd beat the crap out of them. At least we play proper sports up here (RL), any working class playing Rugby Union deserves to be shot

skintboymike said:
I dabbled across the continent a few years back, and am pleased to say it's paid off - I'm the owner of a remarkable Germanic bitch who is completely house trained. I was amazed at this breed's independence and willingness to serve it's master. The one down side is that she tires quickly if worked arduously for any particular length of time - can anyone recommend a school or trainer who can beat this out of her?

I think there's a chap called Cerunno on Arrse. By all accounts he's pretty good at handling Germanic breeds.

K13eod Priceless thread :D

I watched the program and it was the best one yet.

Orcadians? Watch them carefully. If out on a walk with them in the park you may be there for a while. Trees fascinate them and hold them spellbound as many have never seen one.

Good luck to you all.

k13eod said:
I watched Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse last night in 'Harry & Paul' and was very interested in 'The Royal Henley Northerner Show 2008'.

Are they easy to train (I guess some breeds easier than others)?

Are they expensive to keep (food, drink versus benefits etc)?

Can they turn nasty?

It depends on whose bed you end up in CLICKY

k13eod said:
an others)?
Are they expensive to keep (food, drink)?

My bold. Just keep an ample supply of gravy around, and you'll be fine.

We Southern poofs drink water, they drink gravy...

The biggest problem with these Northern breeds is that at some point in recent memory, the breeders took it upon themselves to train them to talk in the hope that they're owners could get them to do more things. It turns out that when they do 'speak', it's generally unintelligable or garbage, so there's not a lot of point.

I'm not convinced that it's worth keeping the breed going. Perhaps dilute the genes with some of the Welsh breeds . . . oh, what am I saying - that particular cross-breed turns out almost as stupid as collies, but at least none of the dangerous aggression of those crossed with 'Scotties'. They do have interesting coloured manes however.

There appears to be a profusion of French people on ARRSE these days:

FRENCH;

–adjective 1. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of France, or anything south of Durham, England, its inhabitants, or their language, culture, etc.: French cooking. Jellied eels, pie mash and liquor.
–noun 2. the people of France and their direct descendants south of the English City of Durham.
3. a Romance language spoken in France, parts of Belgium and Switzerland, and in areas colonized after 1500 by France, like Buckinghamshire. Abbreviation: F
–verb (used with object) 4. (often lowercase) to prepare (food) according to a French method.
5. (often lowercase) to cut (snap beans) into slivers or thin strips before cooking.
6. (often lowercase) to trim the meat from the end of (a rib chop).
7. (often lowercase) to prepare (meat) for cooking by slicing it into strips and pounding.
8. Slang. to short-sheet (a bed).
9. (often lowercase) Slang: Vulgar. to give oral stimulation of the penis or vulva. Which appears to be the sole occupation of those south of Durham.

BANDSMAN69 said:
LOL excellent posts just started my working day, can't wait to finish so that I can change it my normal attire flat cap, jacket, ferret in one pocket, and tek whippets out for t'walk..........

Tough northern fatherless that I am....

Are you in a military band?