Where can I buy beeswax from?

Hi, does anybody know where I can buy beeswax from? I'm after waxing my brown drill belt, posted out in Germany so nobody can do it.

Cheers in advance

You can order it in the QM's
Just don't get technical grade by mistake. I got weekend duties for ever for getting it wrong.

Bris

LE
Online is probably easiest. Amazon Prime might be able to get it to you faster than you can go to the shops if it's urgent.

I was never important enough to have a brown belt, but I'm going to suggest that you might regret beeswaxing one? I don't think it's flexible enough and cracks in beeswax are likely to create more problems than it solves.

Don't I remember something about shining them with tights?

If you are unable to order off the net ask a family member in the UK to pop into the old fashioned type General Stores and send some out to you, normally available in 30g or 50g blocks.

Buy the lighter coloured bee wax as it normally produces a better finish.

If still struggling send me a PM and I will pop a block in the post to you for a donation to HOLSFORHEROES.

German Beekeepers Association ask for Hans.
He knows the buzz.

Bee keepers sell it, most German towns have a Farmers type market once a month or so. Good excuse to read local news papers and improve your spoken language skills.

CFB.

Bris

LE
I was never important enough to have a brown belt, but I'm going to suggest that you might regret beeswaxing one? I don't think it's flexible enough and cracks in beeswax are likely to create more problems than it solves.

Don't I remember something about shining them with tights?
They can, and often are, be beeswax'd. I believe [mine was done for a reasonable fee by my CSgt] it is referred to as a soft beeswax, rather than the more common hard beeswax for shoes/boots.

Unless he was bluffing and robbed me of a tenner.

9160-99-224-4399 Qty 1 will get you a 5kg slab.

That's my good deed for the day done, I'm off to stamp on some kittens.
That's the stuff that got me the extras.

Quick question: what on earth is a brown drill belt?

9160-99-224-4399 Qty 1 will get you a 5kg slab.

That's my good deed for the day done, I'm off to stamp on some kittens.

5kg!!!!!, I still have the remains of a block of 50g from the 70's/80's (1 X JNCO Course, 2 X SNCO Course (don't ask why!!), TA WO's Course plus being a billy bulls**ter, lots of bulled boots and belts etc). I may have used a few more blocks of 50g but 5kg is enough for Kings Troop RHA.

Quick question: what on earth is a brown drill belt?

I don't know why you'd want to beeswax it though.

Skill10InchDrillPressBeltSpeedAdjustment.jpg

G

GLESGA-NED

Hi, does anybody know where I can buy beeswax from? I'm after waxing my brown drill belt, posted out in Germany so nobody can do it.

Cheers in advance

TBH mate you could ask any RSignals Lineman on here and they would tell you a really acceptable ways to get a lovely brown belt nice and shiny without beeswax, as a lot of them wore a leather belt daily as working dress and most had them very shiny. I assume if you haven't done it before (Bees wax sam browns etc) or don't have a mentor overlooking the process, lets say it might go a bit pear shaped.

Troy

LE

Cheers in advance

If there is a diving shop near you, go there and get some. They sell it to divers for their drysuit zips.

Latest Threads