Where can I buy a decent Kukri?

Discussion in 'Gurkhas' started by stackerhacker, Nov 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gurkhas, please can you point me in the right direction as to where i can purchase a good quality Kukri.
  2. Nepal?
  3. Q&C Militaria Cheltenham. The shop is a treasure house of all things soldierly.

John is a top man and an Ex-Scaley to boot.

And has a lot to do with the Ghurka's welfare

4. i have bought one of the no1 kukri from these people and its the nuts
  5. Which people?
  6. yeah sorry i put my two penny worth in bat same time the other fella posted i meant the nepalese guys from what i understand they are ex gurkha who run it. so best not bounce a cheque on em or they might have yer swede off lol
  7. Try Tora kukri , make authentic and high quality kukri to military issue throughthe years.
  8. :D Get attached to the Indian Gurkhas only 30 plus Bn's, and watch them make your own Kukri out of old Bedford leaf springs. Made to measure and costs from the Bn Kukri maker about $5 and that includes a tip and round of drinks.
  9. just recieved my Kukuri (jungle panawal better) from the Kukri house. Very nice item, fast posting, no problems, also liked the little fib on the customs declaration so you dont get clobbered duty.
  10. If you are still looking for one, drop me a line. I'm going to Nepal next week and can get you a No.1 for peanuts. I won't be in UK until June though.
  11. Kukri House are insanely efficient. I ordered mine at four-ish on Wednesday, it arrived Friday about nine...good price and excellent quality item. Complete with display stand.
  12. This is amazing...

13. They dont seem to be very long, mine is all of 24" blade, got given it while in GFTC Patan,but its to heavy to carry about I now carry a tiny little "Hawker" survival knife that is only 6" overall and weighs only a couple of ounces, or a Buck Diamondback 4" blade for hunting
  14. I have two rusty kukris from WW2 that my aunt found in her attic after my uncle died.