Where can a Brit live without to much bureaucratic nonsense ?

Where can a Brit live and work without to much bureaucratic nonsense ?

What options do we have if you want to live somewhere pleasant that speaks English and does not make you jump through hoops for visas/residency ? Hawaii sounds great and uses the Union Jack in its flag but its septic ,NZ and Aussie also use our flag but residency is far from straight forward.

The globe has a few British Overseas Territories but can we just up and move there?

If anyone wants to sponsor me to do a world recce , pm me.

Pitcairn Islands? That's a British Overseas territory, nice and quiet, population is around 50.

When you get to domiciled in paradise, will you come back to use the NHS?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
tristan de cunha would suit you.

the national hobby is going to their holiday sheds over the hill and competative potatoe growing.

Caymen Islands.

Where can a Brit live and work without to much bureaucratic nonsense ?

What options do we have if you want to live somewhere pleasant that speaks English and does not make you jump through hoops for visas/residency ? Hawaii sounds great and uses the Union Jack in its flag but its septic ,NZ and Aussie also use our flag but residency is far from straight forward.

The globe has a few British Overseas Territories but can we just up and move there?

If anyone wants to sponsor me to do a world recce , pm me.
Alaska. Ok it's septic but Sarah Palin apart, very few Alaskan's are actually happy about that. The place is an outdoorsman paradise.

Monserrat.

They need people to move there.

Tristan da cuhna. The only overseas territory to use the british pound.
200 families. Only 8 family names. You could add some fresh blood and try and rid the asthma gene that blights the inhabitants.

diplomat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Saint Vincent and Grenadines.

Property in town still cheap, and new international airport with direct flights to London opens 2015. Expect a property boom then.

So which one are you going to choose and does the Arrse massive get an invite to a housewarming PU?

Loads of EU countries. Learning a language doesn't take long, and in any case there are substantial expat communities in many of them. I've lived in Germany, France, the Netherlands and now France again (working just over the border in Switzerland), all with little or no admin hassle.

Depends a bit on what kind of work you'd be looking for, if any.

Loads of EU countries. Learning a language doesn't take long, and in any case there are substantial expat communities in many of them. I've lived in Germany, France, the Netherlands and now France again (working just over the border in Switzerland), all with little or no admin hassle.

Depends a bit on what kind of work you'd be looking for, if any.
Ive lived in Spain and France and learnt the lingo (quiet badly) , I was thinking more along the lines of Bermuda , dont know if you can just turn up with your trunks and wallet ?

Im planning for the future (or dreaming) as Im tied up for the next two years.

Latest Threads