Where Are You All?

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Adenuff_Imoff, Jan 15, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Calling all old comrades of the JLRRAC Bovington who were in the September Intake of 1977 (A vintage intake) especially those who started life in green under the direction of Sgt Alfie Smith of the 14/20 Kings Hussars who led C1 troop through to us growing up as C4 troop and passing off in December 1978 with a snow swept parade. Mail me and my identity will be revealed!

2. Hum, japslapping,groan men cuddling each other in pyjamas, living somewhere near Coronation Street,am I close or way off the mark?
    ;D

3. Onya you little tinker, what are you doing in the "Cav" area? A quick recce or do you secretly hold desires to be one?

Have you built any more Boddies Pyramids lately?

I fly over the brewery daily, one day it's gonna have to be suspect birdstrike and a quick land on!!

4. Wellllllll, if a barrell or two just happens to fall into the back while your there you just know I will help you out with it. I`ve still got the old Boddies pint jug,Green,
    cw Lid rotary,pilots for the use of x 1.

;D

5. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

May 77 intake, A sqn, nig....any more of us out there?

6. Is there anyone still alive who served in the regiment, for the last 10 months i've been trawling the net looking for old comrades of the best regiment in the RAC,or should i say ex regiment since it vanished over 30 years ago, i also served in the 14/20 not a bad mob.another fine regiment long gone, I've set up a site for ex carb's or anyone just interested, site address is http://www.3rdcarabiniers.org.uk

Just found this site a couple of days ago one of the best around i think

7. I'd like to find as many Bandsmen from 1965-1967 at JLR RAC Bovington the 4/7 RDG Band Please. QS

8. Mornin; carabinier just seen your post and it reminded me that my grandfather told us he served with 3rd Carabiniers. Must have been during the 1920's (1928???), as he was born 1902. Wiki says "(The Regiment) regained its carabinier association in 1928 when it was renamed the 3rd Carabiniers (Prince of Wales's Dragoon Guards)". He talked of serving in the Curragh and the Khyber Pass, and when we were ankle biters he described the Regtl badge to us. Apart from his name and DOB we don't have much else. Would be good to find out more about his service but no idea where to start.

9. Not bad,not bad. 7 year old thread, im sure he has been waiting for an answer, someone shake the dust off him.

10. Maybe 7 years late, but some great pics on that 3Carbs site.